AVP, Loan Review Officer
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
Analyze loans for credit quality and adherence to bank policy. May act as Examiner-In-Charge of assigned lending unit reviews and prepare comprehensive reports for distribution to management. Assist in the loan sampling process for lending unit reviews and in other departmental functions as necessary.
- Perform detailed loan file reviews of lending unit’s portfolios. The reviews evaluate loan credit quality, Risk Identification, Policy Compliance, Support for the Credit Decisions, and Loan Structure.
- May act as Examiner-In-Charge for assigned lending unit reviews and host the Exit Meeting for the respective units to discuss findings, issues and/or concerns. May prepare and draft the Loan Review Report that communicate findings to Unit Management, Senior Management, and the Audit Committee.
- Assist in other departmental tasks as necessary.
- May be required to attend PLR meetings and help ensure that loans reviewed are appropriately risk rated.
- Assist in the performance of special projects and targeted reviews and in the development of monitoring procedures or analysis of the Bank’s loan portfolio to ensure that significant trends are identified and researched.
- Participate in efforts to enhance department and Bank procedures for loan review, processes, methodology, risk ratings, exceptions monitoring, portfolio analysis, management reporting and other areas as necessary.
- May work with personnel from other departments and external entities (i.e. KPMG, regulators, etc.).
- Education: College degree in Accounting, Finance, or business related discipline preferred but not mandatory.
- Five or more years of commercial bank experience with some exposure to loan review, audit, or lending.
- Experience as a bank examiner, or with a consulting/accounting firm is also acceptable.
- Knowledge of the various factors related to commercial and industrial and commercial and residential real estate lending products.
- Exposure to regulatory requirements, economic factors, and standards applicable to commercial lending, commercial real estate, construction, and residential lending products.
- Good risk analysis skills.
- Good cash flow analysis skills.
- Ability to manage high-volume work flow.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using computer related software applications, (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
$75K – $100K / year
Pay determined based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
Cathay Bank offers its full-time employees a competitive benefits package which is a significant part of their total compensation. It is our goal to provide employees with a comprehensive benefits package to fit their needs which includes, coverage for medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts (FSAs), health saving account (HSA) with company contributions, voluntary coverages, and 401(k).
Cathay Bank is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, gender, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions, childbirth and breastfeeding), reproductive health decision-making, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or characteristics, disability or medical condition, military status or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Mickey Hsu, FVP, Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 582-7370 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.