SUMMARY: Looking for an opportunity to apply your passion for energy and sustainability? A place where you can make an important contribution in a collaborative, flexible work atmosphere? Energetics is seeking a Programmatic Support Engineer to work with our team in supporting the Department of Energy’s Advanced Manufacturing and Materials Office (AMMTO). Upcoming Programmatic Support activities will include strategic planning, portfolio analysis, project management, coordination of project activities, facilitation of stakeholder engagement, analysis, technical advising, and research, development, and demonstration (RD&D) program support. This includes exposure to Federal government program areas such as program development, program goals, new technology development, budget analysis and defense, and program impact projections and evaluations. As part of your work, you’ll gain innovative knowledge and contribute towards technologies, policies, and R&D trends in industrial energy. Strong candidates for this position will have a science and/or engineering degree and manufacturing experience and have an interest in:
- Engaging multiple projects and project/technology managers
- Coordinating across those technologies and projects
- Ability to quickly digest high level technical information and distill that information into internal and external communication
- Strategic planning and large, high-level efforts
Join our team at Energetics and help turn ideas into real impacts. Energetics is a subsidiary of VSE Corporation. The Chemical Industry Technical Consultant will work in a highly collaborative atmosphere, interacting directly with government program managers. This position can be based in one of our existing offices, or working remotely in the U.S.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads process improvement projects and provides project/portfolio management support for larger federal offices.
- Coordinate public communication designed to educate or inform the public of success stories, upcoming projects, etc.
- Be aware of multiple streams of effort within the client offices and provide information to leaders to ensure coordinated decisions
- Provide administrative and planning support for program office to facilitate effective workflow and process execution.
- Organize programmatic knowledge across multiple functions officewide for rapid and effective communications to stakeholders at multiple levels within and outside of the organization.
- Provide technical support to facilitate production of federal office deliverables and products.
- Understand office information structures and project/portfolio management tools to rapidly obtain up-to-date information and context to help management of key office functions.
- Drive meetings and communications of objectives and ensure timely execution of objectives across a diverse team to meet programmatic goals.
- Works independently or as a member of a team; leads small teams.
- Provides or contributes to technical assessments of Federal government technical programs (proposed or in progress) with respect to goals and objectives, implementation plans, and budget allocations.
- Collects R&D project and program information; summarizes results in draft reports.
- Analyzes global technology developments, trends, and statistics (energy, carbon, and economics).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a scientific field degree with a minimum of 2-4 years’ relevant experience (2 years with Masters or Ph.D. degree). Higher education science and engineering degrees are a plus, but not required. Candidates with greater years of experience are encouraged to apply also.
- Two to four years related experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong technical writing skills and an ability to tailor written and verbal communications for technical and non-technical audiences.
- A strong interest in pursuing work in the area of sustainable manufacturing, manufacturing material and energy efficiency, water-energy nexus, decarbonization, and/or clean energy transition.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; advanced analytical and Excel skills.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in consulting
- Industrial/manufacturing or federal experience (varied experience welcome)
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Grupo de puestos Operations
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Colorado, EE. UU.
- Columbia, Maryland, EE. UU.
- Nueva York, EE. UU.
- San Diego, California, EE. UU.
- Washington D. C., Distrito de Columbia, EE. UU.