Actuarial Associate, Life - Modeling
This Actuarial Associate, Life - Modeling role will be a key member of the FRL Life and Annuity actuarial modeling team, which serves the company by providing projections to support financial reporting requirements covering US GAAP, US Cash Flow Testing and Bermuda Economic Balance Sheet. The primary responsibility of the position will be supporting the quarterly model roll forward and controls. This position will also be involved with the onboarding of new business into the modeling process. As such, the ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge in AXIS software, strong attention to detail and ability to balance financial reporting and project-based work. The position is expected to work closely with departments across the organization including Actuarial Data, Assumptions and Valuation teams as well as Investments. This role can be based in our Nashville, TN or Jersey City, NJ offices and work on a hybrid schedule.
What You Will Do:
- Support quarterly roll forward of AXIS models to provide results for US GAAP, US STAT, US Tax and Bermuda Economic Balance Sheet
- Assist with development of AXIS models for newly acquired blocks of business
- Support quarterly and annual filing deliverables for all accounting bases
- Implement process improvement and automation for quarterly reporting
- Execute and design as necessary financial controls to validate accuracy of the model results
- Research and review assumptions and interface with other functional areas
- Develop new functionality to support profitability analysis and financial planning
- Support senior management on any ad-hoc requests such as assumption development, due diligence, etc.
- 1.5 years of progressively more responsible actuarial experience with Life Insurance, Annuity products or ALM equivalent environment
- Working toward Associateship/Fellowship of the SOA, CAS, or IFoA and will have passed a minimum of four actuarial exams
- working experience with AXIS or similar actuarial projection software
- Experience with modeling, ideally including US Cash Flow Testing
- Good analytical skills and ability to adopt a creative approach to solving complex process problems
- High degree of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word applications as well as experience with database and programming languages
- Ability to work with Business Intelligence (BI) tools
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments and meet time commitments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Undergraduate degree is required, preferably in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, or related fields
- Grupo de puestos AC - Actuarial
- Función del puesto Associate
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Jersey City, Nueva Jersey, EE. UU.
- Nashville, Tennessee, EE. UU.