Dallas, TX, USA Req #3945
Thursday, May 25, 2023
The vision of Smile Doctors is our people-first culture which creates an environment of passionate, caring Team Members dedicated to providing fun and encouraging relationships with each other and our patients. Smile Doctors offers every Team Member the opportunity to be a part of something bigger. We focus on the importance of the individual and recognize that each person on our Team has something great to offer. We recognize talents and strengths and take care to nurture those abilities to help our Team Members grow into successful people in their careers, in our organization, and beyond.
We are looking for an Accountant to join our team.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be a part of a growing company and industry leader, Smile Doctors is the place for you. We operate over 200 orthodontic clinics across 20 states and excel at providing exceptional patient care.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) plan
- 3 weeks paid time off in your first year + paid holidays
- Discounts on braces and Invisalign for you and your family members
What You’ll Do
- Facilitates the monthly close process by preparing and reviewing journal entries for accuracy and completeness of applicable income statement and balance sheet line items
- Conducts monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Records monthly lease journal entries and complete lease account reconciliations
- Reviews and analyzes applicable balance sheet and income statement activities, monthly for accuracy and completeness by reviewing general ledger details
- Skilled in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail
- Raises issues with potential solutions if discrepancies are encountered
- Assists Director of Accounting with audit deliverables and deadlines
- Records and reviews journal entries to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Completes assignments accurately and with attention to detail
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting, 3 years preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with accounting software and general ledger systems
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with internal customers and coworkers
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
This is the perfect opportunity to grow with an expanding organization! Apply today!
Smile Doctors and all our affiliating practices are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and welcome diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate against any team member or applicant for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Dallas, TX, USA