Bilingual Assistant Teacher
THE ROLE: The Bilingual Assistant Teacher position serves to support the Relief Nursery Therapeutic Early Childhood classroom and Teacher/Interventionist through duties such as classroom prep, classroom instruction, child guidance, and driving. This position also supports the Parent Education Program with duties such as childcare and classroom/food prep and set-up. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work effectively with team members as well as with children. This is a part-time position, 24-28 hours per week, with some evening hours.
Enrollment in the Central Background Registry is beneficial if you are even considering working with children in the State of Oregon since it will be required before you can start a position. Enrollment is free and it is recommended that you start now as the process can take time. Start enrollment online at: oregonearlylearning.com
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assistant Teachers are responsible for helping the Teacher/Interventionist with lesson planning, class instruction, child guidance, diapering/toileting, serving meals, as well as setting up and cleaning up the classroom
- Assist with the transportation of children as needed
- Assist with childcare for Parent Education class approx. one class per week
- Provide a calm demeanor in crisis situations
- Apply principles of diversity, equity, and racial justice for all families
- Maintain open, positive communication and promote individual/group problem-solving skills with children, families, co-workers, and the community
- Model and encourage direct, professional communication among staff members and facilitate the development of a positive staff support network
- Demonstrate awareness and sensitivity in the delivery of client services as it relates to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the populations served
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The ability to read, write, and speak fluently in both English and Spanish is required
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal, and non-verbal
- Ability to work effectively with data and computers systems, work independently, and work closely as a team member
- Ability to adapt, work effectively under pressure, and work with children who have a variety of stresses/challenges
- Ability to work with parents and their children in a warm, calming, respectful, encouraging, and patient manner
- Must be able to work in a multicultural setting
- Requires strict adherence to HIPAA standards in the office workspace to ensure client confidentiality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED required. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Education, Special Education, Psychology, Social Work, or another related field is preferred. Experience in an early childhood classroom and/or childcare is required. Infant Mental Health endorsement preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Ability to attain an Oregon Food Handler's card and valid Oregon Driver's License required. Ability to pass background and motor vehicle records checks.
The Perks: Vacation includes up to 2 weeks in the first year, with an increase up to 3 weeks in the second year and incrementally up to 5 weeks after 6 years (based on hours worked). Up to 2 ½ weeks of Sick leave for you or to take care of your immediate family (based on hours worked). 10 Paid Holidays plus 2 Floating Holidays each year. A 403(b) Retirement plan, with employer matching contributions after meeting eligibility requirements. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is designed to help and support you. Mileage and expense reimbursement is also provided.
- Job Family LCS Multilingual
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.30
- Max Hiring Rate $25.45
- Required Education High School
- McMinnville, OR 97128, USA