Test Mechanic (BSC - Test)
Brake Supply Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and as such will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetics, physical or mental disability, or other protected characteristic.
Brake Supply Heavy Equipment Company, the world's leader in re-manufactured parts and components, is now hiring! Come join our growing team!
We are celebrating 75 years of business in 2022 (1947-2022)! Since 1947 Brake Supply has served the mining, marine, industrial and heavy equipment industry. Our 10 locations are dedicated to providing outstanding quality and customer service. Brake Supply is more than just brakes! We re-manufacture transmissions, torque converters, differentials, drivelines, final drives, wet brakes, hydraulic cylinders, pumps, motors, valves and much more.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy brake/test mechanic environment by adhering to organization standards, policies and legal regulations; alerting others regarding potential concerns
* Secure all technical and breakdown information before unit teardown and inspection.
* Neatly list all the parts required to do the job
* Complete the required information on the work order and route it for appropriate action
* Inspect new, repaired, used parts when they arrive to insure they are usable an/or correct
* Reassemble the unit properly to known OEM specifications when applicable
* Keep all tools, bench, vise, and surrounding floor area clean, organized, and uncluttered
* Recognize problems and offer solutions as they relate to your job and work
* Know status of jobs and work orders that have been assigned to you
* Communicate, recognize, follow up, and complete jobs that have been started by other Team Members
* Check all parts for proper fit, tolerance, threads, etc.
* Operate tactfully under pressure-courteous to co-workers
* Performs other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or GED required
* Drug free environment
* Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
* Desire to learn and advance within the company
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Overtime may be required based on customer demand
* 2nd shift position
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
* Train with the best technicians in the industry
* Company provides all tools and uniforms
* Excellent wages
* Outstanding benefits including 401K, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays, and personal time
* Tuition reimbursement
* Exceptional work environment
If you believe you qualify for this position and want to move your career to a stable company that is showing continued growth, apply now at www.brake.com/careers.
Brake Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Including disability/veteran
- Job Family MECH
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Brake Supply - Evansville, 5501 Foundation Boulevard, Evansville, Indiana, United States of America