Baker and Special Events
The Brearley School is an independent girls’ school serving over 700 students K-12. We welcome candidates to apply for the full-time Baker and Special Events position starting immediately. This position Supports the efforts of the Department of Food Services in providing appetizing, nutritious meals, along with positive food experiences for the entire school community. Works closely with the Food Service Director and Executive Chef. Responsible for baked goods and special event items and some cold station preparation.
The hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, with opportunities for overtime. This position typically starts in Mid-August through the end of June, with summers off. We offer paid holidays off and benefits.
The Pay Range for this position is $22.00-$24.00 hourly.
We invite interested candidates to apply by completing an application and uploading a cover letter and resume at https://www.brearley.org/page/about/employment-opportunities.
Specific Duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Reports directly to the Executive Chef.
· Responsible for producing all baked goods, including desserts, breakfast, and items for meetings and events.
· Participates in menu planning for breakfast and lunch, and special events.
· Assists with the production of all cold items and all standard catering items.
· Works with the Executive Chef to ensure all needed menu items are in stock.
· Assists the Food Service Director with Special Events setups.
· Maintains a clean and organized workspace.
· Performs all other duties the Executive Chef and the Food Service Director assign.
· All work must be performed promptly and at a level consistent with the high standards and needs of the School. Must have food service experience.
· Must interact positively with Supervisors and co-workers and work well in a team environment. Must be flexible with work and work schedules.
· Must be friendly, courteous, polite, able to communicate well with others, and offer help when needed.
· This position requires close interaction with students, faculty, and staff.
· Must be able to speak and read English specific to work instructions and communication with students, faculty, staff, and community.
· Must have a DOH Food Handler’s Certificate
· Must be able to work in high-stress situations with high noise levels in a busy environment.
● Ability to lift 50 pounds
● Ability to climb a ladder and step a ladder.
● Bend at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as the job may require
The Brearley School is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to hiring exceptional, dedicated faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. We consider qualified individuals for employment with the School regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other state or federally-protected classification.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 610 E 83rd St, New York, NY 10028, USA