The Brearley School is an independent K-XII school for girls in New York City known for its academic excellence, cross-divisional teaching, and commitment to developing and sustaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive and antiracist community.
- Varsity Field Hockey
- Varsity Softball
Reports to: Director of Athletics
- Demonstrate a high level of competency in sports skill instruction, motivation, and conduct of practice sessions
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic, moral-ethical, and athletic development of student-athletes; demonstrate the highest priority is the health, safety, and welfare of student-athletes.
- Support the mission of the school and the Athletics Department while positively and effectively leading the student-athletes and managers
- Exhibit leadership, professional behavior, and communication in dealings with student-athletes, parents, staff, and administrators.
- Complete and/or assist with all administrative coaching duties including, but not limited to:
- Roster management
- Game-day operations
- Score reporting
- Professional development
- Distribution and collection of uniforms
- Participation in school and athletic department special events
- Daily awareness of practice/game travel logistics
Exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to AAIS, NYSAIS, School, Division, and Department of Athletics rules and regulations
- Bachelor's degree; 1-2 years of relevant coaching experience. Previous high school playing and college playing experience preferred.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills to communicate effectively with student-athletes and parents.
- Candidates must exhibit enthusiasm for the role of athletics in an independent school setting, vision and creativity, and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Must be fully vaccinated and boosted
- A stipend is paid for the coaching position at the end of the season. Additionally, candidates must complete 1) a criminal background check with fingerprint clearance, 2) the Center for Disease Control’s HEADS up concussion awareness training, and 3) AED/CPR certification training prior to the start of the season.
An end of season stipend of approximately $5,000 is available for completing the coaching assignment for either Varsity Field Hockey or Varsity Softball.
We invite interested candidates to apply by completing an application and uploading a cover letter and resume at https://www.brearley.org/page/about/employment-opportunities.
The Brearley School is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to hiring exceptional, dedicated teachers of diverse backgrounds. We consider qualified individuals for employment with the School regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other state or federally protected classification.
- Pay Type Salary
- 610 E 83rd St, New York, NY 10028, USA