The Brearley School is an independent girls’ school serving over 700 students K-12 and welcomes candidates to apply for Maintenance Worker.
Maintenance Job Description
Responsible for performing routine building-related maintenance and repair tasks and assisting with the day-to-day functions of the facilities department, including set-ups and general cleaning duties as required. All employees will uphold the mission and values established by The Brearley School. Employees must be able to work flexible hours, have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and have the ability to meet or exceed the attendance and punctuality standards of The School.
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Must be able to climb ladders and operate manual platform lifts.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair.
- Perform minor electrical maintenance including but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g., wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs, ballasts, etc.) using appropriate hand, power, and specialty tools.
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance (e.g., flushometers, drains, and faucets) using appropriate hand, power, and specialty tools.
- Performs painting, carpentry, and masonry work (e.g., preparing surfaces and using a brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks, and handles, etc.).
- Prepares surfaces (interior and exterior) and paints various structures and equipment (e.g., walls, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, etc.) to preserve the wood and metal parts from corrosion using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g., sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Order parts and maintain required documents.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb a ladder and step ladder.
- Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as the job may require.
- Must be able to work in Extreme heat or cold
- Noise levels may require normal hearing protection in the form of earplugs.
- Paints and solvents may require the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and a personal fit test may be required.
The Job Description listed above is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
The pay range for the Maintenance Worker position is from $22.00 - $29.00. Comprehensive benefits offered.
We invite interested candidates to apply for this position by completing an application and uploading a cover letter and resume at https://www.brearley.org/page/about/employment-opportunities
The Brearley School is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to hiring exceptional, dedicated teachers of diverse backgrounds. We consider qualified individuals for employment with the School regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other state or federally protected classification.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 610 E 83rd St, New York, NY 10028, USA