Fleet Maintenance - Lead Technician
The Lead Fleet Maintenance Technician is responsible for but not limited to diagnosing any and all tractor, trailer, or other vehicle operational or safety problems to the very highest standard of workmanship, while working with little or no supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Must be able to obtain proper certification for the operation of powered industrial equipment within the introductory period.
· Must provide own select hand tools. (Up to 1 ¼” socket / ½” drive set)
· Must have a class A drivers licenses (CDL).
· Must have a minimum of 5 years automotive / heavy equipment diesel experience. ASE certification a plus.
· Must have experience in refrigeration equipment. (Preferred)
· Must be able to follow verbal or written instructions easily.
· Must have the knowledge of the proper use of power tools and welding / cutting equipment.
· Diagnose trouble (using Pro-Link), disassemble engines, and examine parts for defects and excessive wear.
· Recondition and replace parts, such as pistons, bearings, gears, valves, and bushings, using engine lathes, boring machines, and precision measuring instruments.
· Fabricate special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
· Weld and cut parts, using arc welding and flame cutting equipment.
· Install new ignitions systems, repair or replace tires, aligns front wheels, change or replace batteries, and replace transmissions, and other parts.
· Repair and overhaul brake systems (air brakes/ABS) in automobiles, trucks and other automotive vehicles.
· Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and make adjustments.
· Lubricate moving parts and drive the repaired truck to verify conformance to specifications.
· Operate powered industrial equipment with proper certifications within and Federal, State and Company safety procedures.
· Train other mechanics in proper maintenance and repair procedures.
· Use air-powered equipment.
· Inform the next shift employee of unfinished work.
· Diagnose repair / recondition refrigeration units on refrigerated trailers.
· Follow all work/safety rules.
· Work extra hours in addition to normal schedule when needed.
· Adhere to all company work rules.
· Maintain standards of personal hygiene and proper dress code.
SIGN ON BONUS: $7,500
2nd shift $3/hr
3rd shift $5/hr
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sandbank, 224 Sandbank Road, Cheshire, Connecticut, United States of America