Transportation Dispatch Clerk
Old Distribution Center, 275 Schoolhouse Road, Cheshire, Connecticut, United States of America Req #229
Thursday, May 18, 2023
Bozzuto's is seeking a Full-Time Transportation Dispatch Clerk!
Bozzuto's Transportation Dispatch Clerks are essential for ensuring the transportation operations run smoothly and effectivly. If you're looking to get your CDL or interested in Adminsitrative/Customer Service careers this could be a great place to start! This person would be responsible for managing and coordinating the logistics of transportation operations, ensuring that goods and people are transported efficiently, safely, and on time. They also communicate vital information between drivers, clients, and other stakeholders, ensuring that everyone involved in the transportation process is informed and on the same page.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer office phones and read/reply to email in a timely fashion.
- Performing all dispatch window functions including gate in/out, logging shuttles, distributing glad hand locks, receiving and verifying all documentation drivers return with.
- Dispatching afternoon drivers and rolling loads, re-planning backhauls as needed.
- Update daily dispatch sheet with driver tracking.
- Submit late load notifications as needed.
- Monitor Bozzuto’s driver locations throughout the night and report potential delays or detention to appropriate personnel.
- Monitor hourly updates from outside carrier tracking emails (Marten, JRC etc.) and follow up when necessary. Ensure drivers are on time, not being detained, etc. and relaying information to the rest of our team as needed.
- Communicate with drivers as needed to resolve issues and transfer to supervisor or inbound department when appropriate.
- Maintain route and PO changes in Roadnet system.
- Organize driver envelopes to include manifest and all pickup and delivery documents.
- Reviewing documentation on all inbound backhaul and 3rd party paperwork to ensure that all PO’s have been picked up and are correctly updated in the system
- Review backhaul and book out screens at the end of the day to ensure everything has been picked up or planned and the system accurately reflects as such
- Verify that backhauls in the drawer accurately match the YMS screen
- Scan Backhaul paperwork into Global search system throughout the day.
- Cross reference YMS and Samsara to accurately reflect any and all drop trailers at vendors
- Create and organize daily tracking spreadsheet.
- Provide good shift turnover information and answer any questions that the office staff may have before leaving for the day.
Pay Rate: $18hr with a weekly $2hr premium for **Perfect Attendance**
Shift: Sunday-Thursday 12pm-8:30pm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Old Distribution Center, 275 Schoolhouse Road, Cheshire, Connecticut, United States of America