Tool and Die Maker
Perks for you include:
The Tool and Die Maker is responsible for building and repairing dies, jigs, fixtures and gauges for the manufacturing facility. The Tool and Die Maker will regularly interpret design schematics, cut and shape metal, assemble tooling components, and validate the performance of the tooling.
1. Use sketches, blueprints, specifications and models to plan operations for the fabrication of dies, tools and assemblies, ensuring safety and maximum efficiency.
2. Set-up and operate machine tools such as a lathe, milling machine, and grinder to machine parts and verifie conformance of machined parts to specifications.
3. Utilize hand and machine tools to assemble parts of tools and dies and to repair and modify gauges, jigs, and dies.
4. Design templates and jigs to be used as work aids for convenient fabrication of products and parts.
5. Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, perform repairs on tools, and manually operate dies and progressive dies.
6. Verify dimensions of finished parts to ensure they conform to specifications using dial indicators, gauge blocks, calipers, and micrometers.
7. Examine standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommend design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
8. Develop specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draw or sketch design of product.
9. Keep work area in clean and orderly condition, complying with established 6S standards.
10. Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work.
Job Qualification Requirements
High School diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of related work experience. Associates Degree or vocational certification in related Tool and Die Making field preferred. Must possess knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance and design techniques, tools, and principles.
Ability to read blueprints, understand dimensions and tolerances, and use a variety of precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, indicators, and height gauges. Ability to demonstrate proficiency in basic math and trigonometry. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand basic English.
Physical Demand Requirements
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Klein Tools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. For candidates with disabilities and needing assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Job Function Plant
- Pay Type Hourly
- Trevose, Feasterville-Trevose, PA, USA