Before and/or After School Program Site Supervisor
Sign on bonus may apply
The Site Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the School Age, Before and Aftercare program site. The Site Supervisor with coach and work with the Program Group Leaders/Group Assistants to create a safe, caring and enriching environment for all children at all times. The Site Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that YMCA policies and Licensing standards are met in regards to day-to-day operations including maintaining up to date records, ensuring supervision policies are implemented, guiding the behavior of children, planning and delivering the weekly curriculum and managing staff.
- Maintain complete and thorough attendance of all students and staff each day. Check the school absentee list, site voice mail, and calling parents if child(ren) are absent, but scheduled. Submit attendance rosters, schedule changes, licensing paperwork, payroll and other reports as requested.
- Ensure the safety of all children enrolled in the program by following the supervision standards in the Code of Conduct and Licensing requirements. Maintain constant head counts when transitioning between different areas and activities.
- Ensure that only the authorized parent/guardian or emergency contact signs a child in/out of the program and include recording time. Return rosters to office administration weekly, signed and dated.
- Follow YMCA protocols for dealing with First Aid and emergency situations. Complete necessary paperwork such as incident reports, medical log, etc.
- Use positive group management techniques. Anticipate and deal with behavior problems in accordance with YMCA’s Discipline and Expulsion Policy.
- Coach, guide and manage the day-to-day duties of group leaders/assistants.
- Oversee and assign responsibilities each day including leading activities, helping with snack, homework support, restroom supervision, and clean up as required.
- Ensure all staff function as positive role models and set a positive example through their behavior.
- Address any staff performance issues that affect the program with guidance from Senior Program Director. Provide specific input/feedback for group leaders/assistants for Mid-Year and Year-End performance reviews.
- Plan and implement weekly curriculum incorporating the values of the YMCA. Implement Healthy U program by including 30 minutes of CATCH activities each day. Submit plans monthly.
- Promote Y programs and camps to families. Assist with planning and implementation of special events, including Annual Campaign.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary program environment by ensuring supplies, equipment and tables are cleaned before and after snack and/or activities. Ensure children wash their hands before snack. Report any maintenance issues to the school custodians and the Senior Program Director.
- Lead Monthly Fire Safety drill and log results to meet Licensing requirements.
- Complete 20 hours of professional development annually. Attend all YMCA training and meetings as required.
- Assist with planning and implementation of special events.
- Maintain certifications as required. Must complete CARI Background Check, CHRI/Fingerprinting and provide proof of a Mantoux test within two weeks of hire.
- Performs such other job related duties as may be periodically assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
DIRECT REPORTS: Assistant Site Supervisor, Full-Time and Part-Time Group Leaders
- High School Diploma, Associate/Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Youth work, Recreation or related preferred or equivalent experience.
- One (1) to three (3) years supervisory experience.
- One (1) to three (3) years experience working with youth in a group setting in Before/Afterschool programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels including staff, parents, children and school staff.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions that adhere to the purpose, mission and goals of the YMCA.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and planning skills.
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications required.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Current active employees of the Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges should apply via the Careers section of the Dayforce Employee Account.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Symptom screening and self-reporting
- Preventative guidelines/workplace safety trainings (social distancing, frequent handwashing, etc.)
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, participation in cleaning procedures
*Please note that given the current situation with COVID-19 pandemic, the YMCA is and will continue to follow recommendations given by the CDC, local, state, and federal authorities.
Professional development opportunities and complimentary use of YMCA facilities.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA/employer M/F/D/V. Employment is subject to extensive background check.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.25
- Max Hiring Rate $19.06
- Sussex County YMCA, 15 WITS END DR, HAMBURG, New Jersey, United States of America