Youth Sports Coach
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
Instructs youth sports classes in a safe and positive environment that promotes fun, teamwork, skill development, and physical fitnss. Coaches instruct a variety of youth sports formats to include; basketball, soccer, floor hockey, lacrosse, pee wee tumblers, Home School Gym, and Special Olympics.
GENERAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Evenings and weekends, with a minimum of 2 classes per week.
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara family membership, discounted program fees, and an outstanding work environment. Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund’s 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Other benefits include paid sick leave, leadership development opportunities, training, and career advancement.
- Responsible for the setup and breakdown of the program area and for the maintenance and control of supplies and equipment.
- Implements sports program activities according to the plan and schedule. Ensures YMCA program standards are met.
- Ensures the safety of participants.
- Ensures effective communication with participants, parents, staff, and volunteers.
- Records participant attendance, skill level achievement, and other required information.
- Follows department protocol to clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces. Maintains the cleanliness and organization of program/work areas.
- Enforces safety rules and reports and treats any injuries.
- Distributes and collects program satisfaction surveys.
- Attends and participates in required staff meetings and trainings sessions
- Completes additional duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the appropriate sports skills.
- Ability to effectively lead and supervise youth groups.
- Strong customer services skills.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.75
- Job Start Date Monday, October 9, 2023