General Maintenance - Planner II - Maintenance
Under general supervision, use processes from the company’s Equipment Asset Management (EAM) program and all other available means to develop job plans, schedules and assist with budgeting/forecasting for the equipment/assets under area of responsibility, within the company policies and objectives. Ensure maintenance planning activities are carried out within company policy, customer needs, and statutory requirements of all US and Canadian regulatory organizations, to include: the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Mine and Environmental Regulations and US Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA).
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities over other employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out regular reviews of equipment hierarchy in the company’s CMMS (JDE) equipment asset management (EAM) system to ensure equipment is set up correctly and hierarchy is maintained.
- Develops appropriate replacement schedules for all electrical and mechanical equipment within the operation and recommends the investigation of cost or other problem areas.
- Manages lifecycle of major equipment components optimizing component life and managing major component usage in a multi Mine environment.
- Seek out best value options for multi mine component rebuilds and component sharing.
- Monitors’ progress and, with mine site resources, make onsite inspections of maintenance work as required and reviews with mine site management any variances from routines and standards.
- Oversees the recording of work order statistics, the receiving and distribution of work orders and posting of information on outstanding and completed work orders.
- Maintains accurate records of maintenance activity performance against established work order routines and recommends revisions and changes where appropriate.
- Assists the mine site maintenance group with the establishment of appropriate equipment parts lists and advises the material group of the required equipment and materials for each planned job or routine.
- Assist with mine site supervision in determining the maintenance manpower availability for the upcoming week. Determines the “net capacity” during the development of the weekly schedule.
- Performs related work as required.
Typical Physical Demands
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.Requires constant data input for extended periods of time without leaving the work area. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Requires mobility sufficient to travel.
Typical Working Conditions
Maintenance office environment with frequent travel to several mine sites.Assignments may also require travel to vendor sites and/or corporate office.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Licenses, Registration, and Certifications
- Journeyman’s Trade certification would be beneficial, but not required.
- Problem solving
- Attention to Detail
- Safety Conscious
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, May 1, 2023
- Westmoreland - Poplar River Mine, 6G7H+3C, Coronach, Saskatchewan, Canada