Maintenance - MechanicMaintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
Diesel Technician Mechanic Job Duties:
• Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
• Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing the component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
• Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
• Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
• Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
• Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
• Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
• Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Diesel Technician Mechanic Skills and Qualifications: Tooling, Supply Management, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Technical Understanding
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS DRUG SCREEN AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITY TESTINGJob Type: Full-time