Operations - Mechanic - Utah
Logan, UT, USA Req #69
Thursday, February 24, 2022
At Western Dairy Transport "we exist to enrich and grow people, families and communities." It is our mission "to deliver the highest quality service while operating in the safest most efficient manner possible," and our vison is "to be the best and most desired employer and service provider in all industries we serve." Our WDT Spirit encompasses our four Guiding Principles of:
- Community - investing in people
- Integrity - maintaining trust through uncompromised honesty
- Service - humbly serving all those on our path
- Safety - driving our decisions, protecting lives
The Diesel Mechanic, Maintenance Technician position is to repair company equipment in a safe, timely, cost effective and practical manner. Company equipment consists of Heavy Trucks, Tanker Trailers, Forklifts, etc.
- Diagnose and repair all parts of company equipment as may be required according to DOT standards.
- Diagnose any mechanical, electrical or other breakdown or failure to a trucks, trailers and related equipment.
- Read precision instruments such as, voltmeters, digital multimeters, calibrators and other electronic diagnostic tools.
- Troubleshoot and perform failure analysis of the component parts and systems on the truck or truck tractor; or the component parts and systems of the truck and trailer.
- When applicable use welding skills and knowledge of metals to complete truck repairs.
- Perform daily inspections of equipment on the yard and repair as necessary.
- Communicate with drivers, dispatchers and management to determine which repairs are necessary, determine priority and provide estimated time of completion.
- Track parts usage to ensure the accurate billing of all parts used in a repair.
- Maintain a clean, safe and efficient work area.
- Ability to be on time to work as specified by shop manager.
- Apply knowledge of DOT, EPA, ICC, and OSHA rules and regulations.
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred
- 1 year of truck repair experience preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of most of the systems located on a truck or truck tractor, a semi-trailer.
- Ability to work in extremely hot or cold climates.
- Must be able to be included in a 24/7 on call rotation.
- Must be a team player with positive attitude.
- Knowledge of Cummins Insite, and Paccar Davies preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must have your own set of tools necessary to perform Maintenance work.
- Major diagnostic tools supplied.
Join the WDT Community Today!
As a Full Time member of our Family, you are eligible to receive:
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Available
- 401(k) retirement Plan
- Pay Type Hourly
- Logan, UT, USA