Senior Proposal / Business Development Coordinator
SUMMARY: Senior Proposal/Business Development (BD) Coordinator will be responsible for managing and coordinating corporate business development resources and teams; managing and preparing proposals; assuring quality and compliance of submissions; and identifying/qualifying business development leads.
This candidate will oversee corporate proposal development in response to open and unsolicited opportunities. This activity may include managing proposal resources and documents, and ensuring the proposal response meets company standards and the RFP requirements. The Sr. Proposal/Business Development Coordinator will work closely with senior management and contracts staff during the proposal process, informing staff on status, schedules, and issues remaining for completion. The candidate will lead internal weekly business development review meetings, manage a proposal resource repository (e.g., resumes, project summaries, lessons learned and proposal archive), track proposal activity, and provide related support as needed.
In addition, the candidate will help the company identify new business leads, partners, and opportunities. The candidate will work with our managers, graphics, and marketing teams to assist in the preparation of capabilities and proposal presentations and webinars for prospective clients.
It is required that candidate works from one of our office locations. The preferred location will be either our Columbia, MD (HQ) or Washington, D.C. office. Option for hybrid; option for potentially working from one of our satellite offices (San Diego, CA, Clinton, NY, & Golden, CO)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage, track, and monitor corporate capture and proposal activities.
- Lead weekly BD review meeting.
- Coordinate and manage maintenance and updates to proposal resources on a Microsoft Teams site.
- Work closely with leadership to prepare/participate in capture actvities.
- Become knowledgeable with corporate capabilities and understand/update our business development pipeline.
- Coordinate/develop standardized proposal response protocols and templates (working with graphics/editorial teams).
- Coordinate submissions/inputs with Energetics’ Contracts Team.
- Manage proposal preparation activities from start to finish, including working with staff and proposal resources to gather inputs, assure compliance and quality, and establish schedule for data calls and review cycles.
- Work with business developers to coordinate proposal team and tasks.
- Contribute to the proposal strategy including performing capability gap assessment, identifying potential teaming partners, and developing the management approach.
- Oversee completion of technical inputs, resumes, graphics and technical editing assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degreein marketing, communications, businessor related discipline.
- Minimum of 7years’ experience supporting and leading proposal responses for federal, state/municipal government, or commercial sectoropportunities.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Excellentskills with digital systems including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams).
- Experience managing proposal and business development resources.
- Experience writing and managing winning proposals.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of consulting or Federal contracting.
- Experience with consulting, technical, or management proposals.
- Experience developing proposal strategy, win themes and discriminators.
- Experience with proposal automation software and emerging digital tools (e.g., AI, proposal tools).
- Experience with procurement platforms such as ARIBA and others.
- Experience supporting cost proposal development.
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Columbia, MD, USA
- Washington, DC, USA