Intern - Engineer / Scientist
SUMMARY: An Intern Engineer/Scientist will work on entry-level tasks covering a broad spectrum of technology and markets related to energy, climate, or resilience topics. This includes exposure to Federal government program areas such as program development, program goals, new technology development, budget analysis and defense, and program impact projections and evaluations. The Intern Engineer/Scientist provides technical assessments (or contributes to depending on area of expertise) of client-supported R&D activities (proposed or in progress) with respect to feasibility, conformance to program goals, projected impact, and the accuracy of planned costs and schedules. This is an entry level position requiring routine supervision and guidance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works as a member of a team and independently.
- Provides or contributes to technical assessments of Federal government technical programs (proposed or in progress) with respect to goals and objectives, implementation plans, and budget allocations.
- Develops and implements performance metrics for client projects and programs.
- Assists with technology and energy data collection and analysis, including creating and managing databases.
- Collects R&D project and program information; summarizes results in draft reports.
- Analyzes global technology developments, trends, and statistics (energy, carbon, and economics).
- Assists clients in the preparation of technical reports required by the agency hierarchy, by Congress, or by the Administration.
- Assists clients in the preparation of technical materials designed to educate or inform the public.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working toward (or recently received) Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science.
- 0-6 months of related experience(internship, university research, or similar)
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Clinton, NY 13323, USA
- Columbia, MD, USA
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Washington, DC, USA