Subject Matter Expert - Transportation
SUMMARY: Energetics is accepting applications for a Subject
Matter Expert (SME) for Transportation for immediate employment. This is an
exciting opportunity to get involved with transportation technology consulting
field. Qualified candidates will be graduates in an engineering or scientific
field of interest, as noted below under requirements. The position is for a part
time SME that has expertise in a transportation field. Significant utility,
industry, or national laboratory R&D experience is preferred. Leadership
experience in an R&D environment is a plus. The position is a remote
position, with some travel needed to attend technical meetings.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analysis of trends and technical factors related to transportation
- Research and analysis of transportation projects
- Research and analysis of regulations and policies impacting development and deployment of transportation technologies
- Development of studies, reports, and summaries related to transportation technology trends
- Research needs assessment and roadmaps for transportation technology development
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 3+ years of experience in the customer service field
- Expert level communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function in a diverse, fast paced service environment, while maintaining a positive and proactive approach to a multitude of issues and challenges
- Reputable communicator through writing and oral actions with customers, peers and management
- Ability to work independently or with others and execute desired jobs and tasks
- Proficiency using various software, mainly Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Ability to build effective working relationships with co-workers and customers
- Ability to read and write at a proficient level
- Requires an advanced degree in an engineering or scientific field
- Equivalent combination of knowledge and specialized experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree
- Candidates must have at least 10 years of relevant experience in the field of transportation
- Candidates should have excellent understanding of transportation technologies, the science behind them, and their technical challenges for deployment in today’s market
- Demonstrated experience in program and project management a plus
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written)
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to excel working on self-managed tasks
- Ability to work within a diverse team
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Comfortable in multitasking on time-sensitive tasks without diminished quality of work
- Strong interest in the energy field
- In compliance with Executive Order 14042, any successful applicant for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an accommodation from the vaccination requirement based on disability or sincerely held religious belief, on or before the start date.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check
and a pre-employment drug screening.
VSE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
At VSE, we don’t just hire employees; we nurture careers and champion well-being. We understand that our success is driven by the people who make up our incredible team, and that’s why we’re committed to providing a workplace that goes beyond just a job-it’s a place where you can truly flourish. When you choose VSE, you’re choosing a company that prioritizes YOU.
Let us tell you why:
Time Off: Enjoy Paid Time Off to relax and recharge.
Family Support: We offer Paid Maternity Leave and Paid Bonding Leave, along with access to our Employee Assistance Program, ensuring your family’s well-being.
Education: Pursue your educational goals with Tuition Reimbursement for Undergrad, Technical, and Graduate Programs.
Financial Security: We offer a 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan to secure your financial future. Healthcare: Your health is essential, and we provide Health, Dental, and Vision Care.
Flexible Spending: Take advantage of HSA, FSA, and Dependent Care plans for added flexibility.
Insurance: We've got you covered with Short-Term and Long-Term disability insurance.
Competitive Salaries: Your hard work is rewarded with competitive salaries. Ready to be part of a company that values you as much as your skills and expertise?
Join VSE and let’s take your career to new heights while ensuring your well-being every step of the way. Come grow with us. Your future begins here. Apply TODAY!
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function General Strategy Consultants
- Pay Type Hourly
- Clinton, NY 13323, USA
- Columbia, MD, USA
- San Diego, CA, USA