Subject Matter Expert
SUMMARY: Energetics is seeking a part time, hourly Industrial Advanced Energy Research Subject Matter Expert for immediate employment to work on a variety of support activities. Successful candidates will be willing to take on a range of assignments in a diversity of areas including clean energy, energy efficiency, industrial decarbonization, advanced manufacturing, and energy justice. This is a remote position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and evaluation of industrial energy and emissions trends
- Quantitative benchmarking and opportunity analysis
- Expert industry insights on technology developments
- Contribution to and review of technical reports and briefings
- Supporting stakeholder engagement activities, including outreach and virtual meeting planning, facilitation, and coordination
- 10+ years of experience working in industry and energy
- Bachelors' degree in science or engineering
- Creative and innovative critical thinker with keen attention to detail, comfortable working in dynamic team environment
- Ability to contribute to high-quality deliverables with minimal direction
- Authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions, U.S. Citizen or Permanent US Resident.
- In compliance with Executive Order 14042, any successful applicant for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an accommodation from the vaccination requirement based on disability or sincerely held religious belief, on or before the start date.
- Hands on manufacturing experience
- Prior experience in government consulting
- Strong interest in energy, climate, or sustainability
- Experience with energy and emissions data access, research, and reporting
- Advanced degree and/or leadership experience
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and a pre-employment drug screening.
VSE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
At VSE, we don’t just hire employees; we nurture careers and champion well-being. We understand that our success is driven by the people who make up our incredible team, and that’s why we’re committed to providing a workplace that goes beyond just a job-it’s a place where you can truly flourish. When you choose VSE, you’re choosing a company that prioritizes YOU.
Let us tell you why:
Time Off: Enjoy Paid Time Off to relax and recharge.
Family Support: We offer Paid Maternity Leave and Paid Bonding Leave, along with access to our Employee Assistance Program, ensuring your family’s well-being.
Education: Pursue your educational goals with Tuition Reimbursement for Undergrad, Technical, and Graduate Programs.
Financial Security: We offer a 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan to secure your financial future. Healthcare: Your health is essential, and we provide Health, Dental, and Vision Care.
Flexible Spending: Take advantage of HSA, FSA, and Dependent Care plans for added flexibility.
Insurance: We've got you covered with Short-Term and Long-Term disability insurance.
Competitive Salaries: Your hard work is rewarded with competitive salaries. Ready to be part of a company that values you as much as your skills and expertise?
Join VSE and let’s take your career to new heights while ensuring your well-being every step of the way. Come grow with us. Your future begins here. Apply TODAY!
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function General Strategy Consultants
- Pay Type Hourly
- United States