Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Recreation Manager
The Recreation Manager overseas the group and recreation services, engaging clients to attend groups, community outreach for specialized groups/activities, and documentation in electronic record.
Union Commons Bronx is a 15-bed behavioral health supported housing program. To learn more about Volunteers of America-GNY, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/our-services
Location: 1007 Union Avenue • Bronx, NY 10459
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
Requires Bachelor’s degree and work experience with a similar population; or a satisfactory combination of education and experience.
Recreation Manager Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage instructional environment in a manner that fosters recreation, wellness, vocational and family growth.
- Direct program activities on a daily basis. Prepare daily activity schedule and coordinate with other staff.
- Engage external resources to have in-service groups and activities.
- Outreach within the building to recruit participants and assist with development of group activities schedule.
- Evaluate group/activities progress on an ongoing basis, maintaining necessary records.
- Consult and interface with colleagues on team on all phases of recreation program.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family Childcare
- Job Function Childcare
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $24.03
- Max Hiring Rate $24.03
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Bronx, NY, USA
- Union Commons Bronx, 1007 Union Avenue, Bronx, New York, United States of America