Social Worker/Client Care Coordinator
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Social Worker/Client Care Coordinator
The Social Worker/Client Care Coordinator enhance existing services to include a thorough assessment of families’ long-term goals at intake and development of service plan to incorporate small achievable tasks leading to permanent housing with enrollment and/or referrals to community resources.
Webster House is a single room occupancy residence (SRO) providing permanent, supportive housing to formerly homeless single adults, many living with mental illness or HIV/AIDS. To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/permanent-supportive-housing
Location: 1075 Webster Avenue • Bronx, NY 10456
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
Master’s degree in social work with the expectation that LMSW is acquired within 6 months of hire or a master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling with License (LMHC). Knowledge of adult, child and adolescent development, emotional/behavioral health and mental health, family dynamics, parent-child relationships, diagnostic classifications. In addition, the position requires a reasonable combination of skills in the following areas: strengths based, solution focused, and family centered practice; experience working with diverse client populations; knowledge of child welfare policies, regulations, safety, permanency, and well-being.
Social Worker/Client Care Coordinator Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage a caseload.
- Complete psychosocial for all families in shelter. Develop individualized service plan to focus on recovery and wellness.
- Complete Assessment Summary and make determination on type of intervention needed for each family.
- Maintain service documentation to include client progress notes, observations and interactions about clients and incident reporting when necessary.
- Provide on-call crisis intervention support.
- Participate in individual service coordination activities, including vocational and educational services and support recreational and/or socialization activities.
- Develop community linkages.
- Refer families to appropriate community providers to address family needs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family CASE MANAGEMENT
- Job Function Counseling
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $61,200.00
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Bronx, NY, USA
- Webster House, 1075 Webster Ave, Bronx, New York, United States of America