Assistant Vice President, Financial Reporting & External Audits
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Assistant Vice President of Financial Reporting & External Audits - Hybrid Remote Schedule
The Assistant Vice President of Financial Reporting and Audits is responsible for managing designated administrative and operational management as well as fiscal reporting and finance functions for VOA-GNY, Inc. and real estate related entities.
Location: 135 West 50th Street • New York, NY 10020
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
To learn more about Volunteers of America-GNY, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/our-services
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance or Accounting
- Licensed CPA
- At least 10 years of increasing not-for-profit experience in multi-governmental contracts ($50M+) or multiple real estate projects and related entities.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and conceptual skills and related supervisory experience.
- Preference for prior experience as an external public auditor.
- Strong background and broad knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge and ability to use an in-house cloud based ERM accounting system, including ability to create run and verify reports.
- Expert in Excel and Word
Assistant Vice President of Financial Reporting and Audits Principal Responsibilities:
- Manages designated Financial Controller and Related Entities/Limited Partnership Controller. Oversee functions of Financial Reporting [VOA-GNY (Parent) and Related Entities], Accounts Payable, Cash Receipts, Payroll and Treasury Management.
- Leads and directs the financial functions in planning, accounting, enterprise financial and reporting systems, financial reporting and analyses. Must be able to supervise and prepare, if necessary, the monthly, quarterly and annual unaudited and audited financial statements. Is responsible for the Organization’s financial systems of record, tracking, reporting systems and accurate and timely accounting and financial services, ensuring adherence to sound accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Establishes accounting policies and procedures for the Organization’s accounting and financial transactions.
- Establishes and maintains comprehensive internal controls designed to mitigate risk, protect assets and support the financial infrastructure of the Organization.
- Represents the Organization to external constituencies and responds to external, internal, city, state, and federal audits, such as the Organization’s annual external audit, NYS CFR, Schedule of Federal/State Awards, and departmental audits.
- Participates in, and provides guidance to, standing and ad hoc committees or departments on financial, administrative, and/or capital investment matters. Take independent action and initiative to recommend and implement required improvements.
- Oversees the monthly closing of the related entities (real estate) limited partnerships, limited liability companies and Housing Development Fund Corporations (HDFC). Reviews monthly and annual reporting packages prior to submission to investors for accuracy and to diagnose operational matters requiring attention. Works with property management and asset management colleagues to ensure accurate budgets and compliance reporting. Coordinates with external auditors on the performance of the year end audits for the limited partnerships. Interprets various agreements including management agreements, loan agreements, partnership agreements, operating agreements, and lease agreements.
- Manages the preparation of Audited financial statements and form 990 for VOA-GNY and related entities reporting requirements.
- Translates long-term strategies into day-to-day operations. Successfully manage multiple projects under deadlines.
- Member of cash flow team and contributes to the weekly cash flow process.
- Supervises assigned staff.
Manages other administrative functions, and special projects.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family Administration
- Job Function Administrative Support
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $145,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $160,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 135 W 50th St, New York, NY 10020, USA
- New York, NY, USA