Community Care Liaison
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Community Care Liaison
The Community Care Liaison is responsible for identifying and developing strategic linkages with community-based organization to enhance on-site services provided to program clients. The Community Care Liaison, also designs and implements groups and presentations for clients and providers.
Jamaica Women’s Employment Shelter is a transitional shelter for women who are experiencing homelessness and are employed or deemed employable, and; referred by the New York City Department of Homeless Services (DHS). To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/housing
Location: 95–10 218th Street • Queens Village, NY 11429
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
Associates Degree or 60 college credits courses in Human Services field or High School Diploma or GED with 1 year of relevant shelter experience. The position also requires a demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication, including basic computer skills. Clean and valid driver’s license preferred.
Community Care Liaison Principal Responsibilities:
- Complete intake assessments and client orientation.
- Ensure the quality and satisfaction of linkages within the community.
- Provide opportunities for corporations and community groups to support Volunteers of America and conduct presentations on Volunteers of America to these groups.
- Link clients to community resources.
- Design and facilitate client groups & workshops.
- Assist in provision of direct care services and administrative support to program.
- Provide aftercare to assigned clients who have been placed/discharged from the facility.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family CASE MANAGEMENT
- Job Function Counseling
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.19
- Max Hiring Rate $20.19
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Jamaica Women's Employment Shelter, 95-10 218th Street, Queens Village, New York, United States of America
- Queens, NY, USA