Azure Data Engineer
Headquarters, 1615 H Street, NW, Washington, District Of Columbia, United States of America Req #441
Monday, May 15, 2023
If you are passionate about the ability of American business to improve lives, solve problems, and strengthen society, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the place for you. As the world’s largest business organization, we believe in building a future that gives everyone the opportunity to pursue a better tomorrow. We make it our job today–and every day–to build the strongest relationships possible among the American people, business leaders, and elected officials in Washington, D.C., state capitals, and countries around the globe. For them and the businesses we represent, the U.S. Chamber is a trusted advocate and partner.
We are driven by the pursuit of innovation and partnership and hold ourselves to the highest standards. Our commitment to our members is matched only by our commitment to our employees. As part of our team, we will support your long-term career development while delivering relevant learning opportunities. We will empower you to lead, develop deep expertise, and find new approaches to solving the toughest challenges.
- The Data Engineer is responsible for the architecture, design, development, security, and support of Azure data integration, data warehouse and business intelligence solutions for our organization
- Design, develop, and maintain data lake architectures on Azure, ensuring efficient storage, organization, and accessibility of both structured and unstructured data across various cloud platforms
- Develop, deploy, and maintain data pipelines for ingesting, processing, and storing structured and unstructured data in the Azure cloud, including ETL processes
- Collaborate with the team to provide data-driven insights and support the organization's data analytics needs
- Ensure data security, privacy, and compliance by implementing appropriate Azure policies, procedures, and encryption methods
- Monitor and optimize the performance, scalability, and cost-efficiency of data storage and processing solutions on Azure
- Present and communicate architectural designs and solutions to stakeholders, both technical and non-technical
- Drive the implementation and adoption of Single Sources of Truth (SSoT), standards and industry best practices for Data Quality, Master Management and Data Governance frameworks
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 6+ years of experience in cloud data architecture, design and data governance
- Strong experience with Azure cloud services, such as Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Factory, and Azure Databricks
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI & SSRS)
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as Python, Scala, or Java
- Experience with big data processing frameworks, such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, or Apache Kafka on Azure
- Knowledge of various data storage solutions, such as relational databases, NoSQL databases, etc
- Creating & Managing documentation on methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria based on business-driven functionality as well as technical capabilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts
- Willing and able to work irregular hours as needed
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.
- Pay Type Salary
- Headquarters, 1615 H Street, NW, Washington, District Of Columbia, United States of America