Administrative Assistant - Hiring Our Heroes
If you are passionate about the ability of American business to improve lives, solve problems, and strengthen society, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the place for you. As the world’s largest business organization, we believe in building a future that gives everyone the opportunity to pursue a better tomorrow. We make it our job today–and every day–to build the strongest relationships possible among the American people, business leaders, and elected officials in Washington, D.C., state capitals, and countries around the globe. For them and the businesses we represent, the U.S. Chamber is a trusted advocate and partner.
We are driven by the pursuit of innovation and partnership and hold ourselves to the highest standards. Our commitment to our members is matched only by our commitment to our employees. As part of our team, we will support your long-term career development while delivering relevant learning opportunities. We will empower you to lead, develop deep expertise, and find new approaches to solving the toughest challenges.
Provide superior administrative support to the president of Hiring Our Heroes, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation. This is a unique opportunity for top-notch administrative professional to join a close-knit, dynamic executive team. Hiring Our Heroes (HOH) connects the military community—service members, military spouses, and veterans—with American businesses to create economic opportunity and a strong and diversified workforce.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide high-level, tailored support to the President of Hiring Our Heroes
- Precisely and strategically execute a variety of simultaneous tasks in a timely manner with high attention to detail, organization, and process.
- Plan and manage the president’s schedule in an organized, efficient manner.
- Ensure the president is appropriately briefed on the schedule and has the necessary information and materials.
- Coordinate international and domestic travel.
- Manage information flow to and from the president, Hiring Our Heroes staff, strategic partners, corporate partners and others and ensure that communications are timely.
- Coordinate meeting logistics and partner closely with other internal and external executive assistants to plan and execute meetings and coordinate shared activities.
- Answer phones, route calls, and make certain that messages are accurately taken.
- Draft and proofread correspondence and other materials.
- Support the office by managing various ad-hoc projects including some of a personal nature
- Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated experience supporting a C-suite level executive in a similar high-level, fast-paced office.
- Exceptional scheduling, organizational, and project management skills with the ability to pivot and re-prioritize at a moment’s notice.
- Outstanding verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills with grace under pressure.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- The ability to determine urgency, and to manage multiple tasks calmly, efficiently, and effectively in a hectic environment.
- A positive and professional attitude, the utmost discretion, and the ability to deftly interact with individuals at all levels.
- Creativity and flexibility with the ability to independently problem-solve.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Professional demeanor with a strong sense of diplomacy, judgment, and personal accountability.
- Intellectually curious with a knowledge of and passion for issues affecting the business community.
- Highly skilled in Office 365
- Experience with the military community preferred
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.
- Pay Type Salary
- Headquarters, 1615 H Street, NW, Washington, District Of Columbia, United States of America