Tunnel Car Wash Manager - Splash In
La Plata Splash In, 6365 Crain Highway, La Plata, Maryland, United States of America Req #416
Thursday, March 23, 2023
Have you heard? Splash In, a Wills Group company, is Great Place to Work Certified™! We’re proud of this achievement and our people who make greatness happen. Want to join a company that puts its people first?
Job Purpose and Function
The Tunnel Car Wash Manager oversees the successful operations of our tunnel car wash facility. The Manager is responsible for managing and energizing a highly motivated and effective team, engaging them in delivering exceptional customer experiences and utilizing sales strategies proven to drive sales growth. Success in this position is measured by achieving established targets for membership and sales growth, operational up-time, and customer satisfaction.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Oversees all components of wash operations to include general operations, membership sales, appearance and cleanliness, and the guest experience.
- Manage daily operations of the tunnel wash facility, ensuring that all equipment is maintained and functioning properly; averages 99% uptime during operational hours through addressing problems urgently and scheduling and performing preventive maintenance on the wash and vacuum equipment.
- Hires, trains, develops, and retains a tunnel team that is friendly, energetic, and guest-focused; develops the team to be sales drivers and operational experts while fostering a positive work environment which promotes teamwork.
- Ensures team members adhere to company policies and procedures including maintaining a safe and clean work environment, following safety protocols and procedures, and adhering to uniform and appearance standards.
- Provides excellent customer service, addressing customer concerns, managing complaints, and ensuring a positive customer experience; maintains a 4+ rating in customer satisfaction.
- Exceeds financial model forecasts by driving top line sales on unlimited memberships, retail store items, and services.
- Monitors financial performance of the car wash facility, including revenue, labor, expenses, and profit margins to take appropriate action, developing operational plans to improve profitability; owns profit and loss (P&L) responsibility.
- Collaborates with the administrative team on administrative tasks, employee support, and membership and sales reporting.
- Utilizes and trains team members to utilize point-of-sale (POS) systems, computers, and other software to effectively communicate and collaborate with team members and to ensure efficient and effective business operations; proficiency in processes and software related to conferencing, email management, back-office reporting, payroll, timekeeping, cash management, inventory and supply management; invoices, procurement, banking, damage claim reporting.
- Frequently moves equipment, supplies, and other materials weighing up to 50 pounds across the facility and/or lot.
- Constantly positions self or moves across the tunnel wash facility to service equipment, clean workspaces and car wash area, stock or replenish supplies, unload deliveries, etc.
- Frequently communicates with customers and coworkers; environment may be loud due to car wash operations.
- Works outdoors in all weather conditions.
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in supervisory role in car wash or retail operations.
- Technical, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and/or car wash equipment experience.
- Proficiency in point-of-sale (POS) systems, computers, and other software to effectively communicate and collaborate with team members and to ensure efficient and effective business operations; must be proficient in processes and software related to conferencing, email management, back-office reporting, payroll, timekeeping, cash management, inventory, and supply management; invoices, procurement, banking, damage claim reporting.
- Flexible work availability to include weekends and holidays.
- Willing to work in variety of outdoor weather conditions.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and manage a highly engaged team.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to resolve customer complaints and promote customer satisfaction.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with employees, customers, vendors, management, and other teams.
- Experience with inventory management, financial analysis, sales, and marketing.
- Working with people
- Adapting and responding to change
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Deciding and initiating action
- Persuading and influencing
- Leading and supervising
Why You Should Join Splash In
Splash In ECO car wash, a division of The Wills Group, is a leading regional car wash network with over 50 In-Bay Automatic (IBA) and Express Exterior Tunnel car washes in the Mid-Atlantic. At Splash In, we strive to be a car wash with a purpose. An estimated 304 million gallons of water is used daily for car washes around the world. Splash In uses water reclamation technologies, and ecologically friendly wash chemistry to be good environmental stewards in our communities.
Wills Group is a $1.5 billion company headquartered in La Plata, Maryland (an easy 45-minute reverse commute from DC) with nearly 300 retail locations across the Mid-Atlantic region, including Dash In, Splash In ECO Car Wash, and SMO Motor Fuels. A family-owned company since 1926, our passion areas are in convenience retailing, fuels marketing, and commercial real estate and we pride ourselves on keeping our customers', employees' and communities’ Lives in Motion.
Our Wills Group employees come to work for more than just a paycheck, but rather they come to learn, make contributions, make an impact, and feel valued as a part of our family-friendly culture. We have a work-hard, play-hard mentality that makes us a progressive company and we thrive on giving back to our community. That is what is core to our DNA.
Benefits and Perks
Are you interested in joining a certified Great Place to Work™ that invests in your development, future, and well-being? Are you looking for more than the "daily grind" where your day-to-day work makes an impact not only for the organization but for your community and your future? Then The Wills Group is the right fit for you.
We take pride in investing in our people’s well-being, that’s why we back our words with competitive total rewards packages.
- Financial Wellbeing –Employer 401 (k) match (currently at 7%), health savings plan, and financial planning.
- Physical Wellbeing – comprehensive health, vision, and dental plans that meet the needs of our people.
- Paid Time Off – Vacation, sick, personal, and community engagement, parental leave for new parents.
- Work/Life Balance – Hybrid and flexible work environment, Employee Assistance Program, travel assistance, family life planning.
- Education and Development Opportunities – 100% tuition reimbursement to support our people’s education goals, robust development programs, and certificate program assistance (up to 100% employer-paid).
- Competitive Salary - competitive pay matched to DC Metro area.
- Job Family Retail Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $57,600.00
- Max Hiring Rate $72,000.00
- Required Education High School
- La Plata Splash In, 6365 Crain Highway, La Plata, Maryland, United States of America