Sr. Engineer - Software (Ruby/Rails Required)
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
Job Description: The Senior Software Engineer will support and maintain software while delivering incremental high-quality improvements. This position will work collaboratively with peer engineers and business stakeholders, balancing quality work and implementing best practices against business demands. Work must be carried out in a structured engineering process, respecting the special compliance considerations of healthcare data. The successful candidate will take a paramount role in cultivating technical guidance, architecture, best practices, as well as assisting the team growth through mentorship. This is a remote role.
- Participate and take ownership in all stages of the development process, including requirements, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support.
- Passionate about knowledge sharing and has the skills to help develop and advance the team through mentorship.
- Design, write, edit, modify, and debug software applications and services.
- Self-motivated with the ability to design and write high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code.
- Learn new technologies and resolve challenges involved with integrating them with our infrastructure.
- Update and modify systems to improve efficiency.
- Work closely with Product Team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- Proactively advance the product and best practices.
- Improve application security and stability.
- Develop, test, and document RESTful APIs; with event-driven design patterns utilizing message queues; with SQL and/or NoSQL data stores; with designing, developing, and deploying distributed systems.
- Comfortable with large projects in source control (git), continuous integration (GitLab) and writing unit tests and integration tests.
- Design, develop, and implement solutions around both a micro-service and monolithic architectures.
- Required: 5+ years of professional experience.
- Required: 5+ years' experience with major language, framework, and database upgrades.
- Experience in Healthcare Technology (preferred).
- Track record of improving security and stability of applications.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies as needed.
- Knowledge of e-prescribing standards certifications a plus (Meaningful Use, FHIR).
- Familiarity with ontologies such as SNOMED, RxNorm, LOINC, ICD-10, NDC a plus.
A passion for software development processes and engineering culture, experience with Instrumentation, analytics, and performance measurement, and experience with agile methodology are all pluses.
Educational Qualifications -
- The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or related practical experience, and an M.S. in Computer Science or similar technical field of study is preferred.
- This is a remote position but may require some travel to Moorestown, NJ, or Charleston, SC.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary