Pharmacy Technician - $1,250 Sign-On Bonus
WHO WE ARE
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications provide solutions for a range of payers, providers, and other healthcare organizations. We’re on a mission to enable simplified and individualized care that improves the health of those we serve.
We’re looking for people who are excited to drive this transformation. To break barriers and think of new ways to adapt, help, and create better experiences for patients—and for each other. This is where diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives matter and where “care” is centric to who we are. Come do more than join something, change something. For patients, for their families, for the future of healthcare.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Under direct supervision, performs activities associated with drug distribution, ordering and control for medication dispensing. Direction and guidance are performed by a manager/supervisor, Pharmacist, or higher-level Pharmacy Technician.
Schedule: M-F, 11:30a - 8p, EST
- Receives electronic prescriptions, weekly batches or refill requests and accurately and efficiently fills the prescriptions under the direction of the Pharmacist. Performs pharmacy tasks such as handling, counting, mixing, and packaging medications.
- Selects and imports orders for automation equipment dispensing, prints labels, and maintains order management to dispense prescriptions. Operates and monitors robotic machines that dispense medications.
- Assists in entering minor edits to record correct dispensing quantity and manufacturer NDC used to dispense prescription order.
- Prepares blister packs.
- Prepares and stages pharmaceutical supplies and drugs in the correct bins for delivery.
- Performs reclamation duties.
- Uses pharmacy software to check and/record data about prescriptions.
- Maintains proper storage and security conditions for the drugs. Cleans and helps to maintain equipment and work areas.
- Receives, stores and logs inventory and returns (upon Pharmacist approval), verifies quantities against invoices, and informs supervisors of stock needs or shortages. Remains aware of expiry dates and rotates stock to avoid dispensing out of date products.
- Acts as a liaison between our customers and their providers and our pharmacy, receives and triages incoming phone calls and messages to answer questions, fill prescription orders or handle other requests to ensure that clients have a positive experience.
- Establishes and maintains patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients, and uses our advanced proprietary software system to document medication care plans.
- Uses pharmaceutical technician expertise to ensure compliance, efficiency, and quality of operations. Participates in company quality initiatives, recognizing opportunities for improvements and reporting quality assurance issues. Secures information in accordance with the privacy and security guidelines of the Company and applicable regulations such as HIPAA.
- The above essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Certification as a Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician is required.
- Must possess and maintain a current Pharmacy Technician License or Registration from the respective and applicable State Pharmacy Board
- Minimum of 2 years of pharmacy technician experience required.
- Ability to communicate at effectively and professionally through written, verbal, and interpersonal skills as applied when interacting with employees, clients, or agency representatives; successfully conveying and exchanging information in a positive manner.
- Adept to problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities without sacrificing quality. Detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent typing/data entry accuracy with good speed.
- Proficient computer skills to navigate proprietary and other pharmacy software.
- Ability to compile, code, categorize, calculate and verify data.
- Ability to accurately count, measure and weigh Rx components. Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Strong listening/reading comprehension.
- Understanding of clinical terms and impacts.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Requires standing and/or walking for most of the shift.
- Regularly lifts office and clinical supplies weighing up to five pounds; occasionally lifts or carries up to thirty pounds. May occasionally push/pull when unpacking supplies. Climbs step stool to access supply or filing shelves. Bends when unpacking supplies, filing or retrieving charts and files. May reach or twist to handle supplies/files.
- For those assigned to a Call Center: This position is administrative in nature and will present physical demands requisite to a position requiring the use of basic office equipment within corporate and home office environment requiring hearing, seeing, sitting, standing, talking, and walking.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Moorestown, NJ 08057, USA