We are searching for a committed, deadline-driven sales intern to join our excellent sales team.
The sales intern will complete all tasks assigned by the designated sales manager, which may include conducting market research, identifying business opportunities, generating sales leads, making cold calls, participating in meetings, and assisting the Sales department wherever possible. The candidate should be able to take instruction, but also work unsupervised when required.
To be successful as a sales intern, the candidate should be willing to learn as much about the company as possible and be able to spot opportunities that have been overlooked by others. Outstanding sales interns are problem solvers who know the value of building lasting, professional relationships with clients.
Sales Intern Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the manager or assigned staff member, and completing all allocated tasks.
- Conduct desktop research, or gathering information through surveys or by speaking to customers and sales team.
- Attending and participating in meetings and workshops.
- Liaising with customers on behalf of the company's managers.
- Updating documents and sales records.
- Reviewing sales performance against sales targets.
- Observing and carrying out sales processes.
- Identifying potential weaknesses and offering improvement suggestions.
- Assisting sales managers with negotiations data tools.
- Keeping a log of everything learned and delivering presentations to staff and other stakeholders.
Sales Intern Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Currently in college working on a degree in marketing, business or similar. Class of 2023 Graduate (Jr in College) preferred.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to cope with rejection.
- Ability to remain calm in fast-paced environments.
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- A professional appearance.
What will the Sales Intern do?
Providing Sales Rep Support
There’s a layer of support between administrative work and the day-to-day role of the sales rep. This support could involve providing help customizing presentation templates, gathering relevant sales materials for an upcoming conversation, and tracking down specific statistics and research. Pairing an intern and a sales rep can help immerse the intern into the sales process while giving your team support that enables them to get more done.
Sales Experience Tasks
For an intern working in sales, finding unique ways to contribute will definitely add to their skill set. Example: Participating/sitting in on presentations. Depending on their skill level, rotating them into your sales team in a more hands-on way might make sense. Offer the opportunity to get them some exposure and practice if it makes sense with their abilities and your agenda.
Account Profile Development
Whether it’s a current customer or a high-value prospect, it will be helpful to have research on key accounts. Interns can search online for recent news or changes and build out the organizational chart. The intern will talk to the account managers to identify and record any characteristics that make this organization such a high-value account.
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- 184 Shuman Blvd, Naperville, IL 60563, USA