Senior Collection Analyst (Hybrid Schedule)
184 Shuman Blvd, Naperville, IL 60563, USA Req #116
Friday, May 5, 2023
Conducts credit analyses including gathering, analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information on the largest and highest risk customers and portfolios. Collects outstanding balances to keep Accounts Receivable current. Assists in dispute management. Serves as a leader and resource to peer group.
- Complete thorough financial analysis of accounts and/or utilize computerized credit scoring systems to insure appropriate credit limits are set for the Company’s largest and most at risk customers. Constantly monitor the financial changes to a large portfolio of companies. Communicate and defend the credit decisions that were made with both external credit professionals and internal financial management. Possess solid judgment and decision-making skills. Must have the ability to successfully negotiate at senior levels.
- Risk Analysis: Analyze financial statements, process and evaluate bank and trade references and utilize online credit scoring application to support credit line decisions. Make independent credit decisions within assigned authority and provide well thought-out recommendations to management for issues outside of authority.
- Workouts: Interact with senior management, both internally and externally, to resolve serious repayment issues. (Experience in Notes Receivable, Letters of Credit, Security Agreements and other workout mechanisms required.)
- Receivables Management: Manage client exposure (including job and order approval/releases) to granted credit limits in order to maximize revenue and minimize risk. Responsible for collections of outstanding receivables.
- Dispute Management: Responsible for working with internal and external sources and systems to resolve customer disputes related to Accounts Receivable.
- Special Projects and Team Participation: Lead management directed projects in an independent manner.
- Serves as a resource to peer group.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions. Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments. Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted. Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer. Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
- Additional job requirements may be listed on the staffing requisition.
- Job Family Finance & Accounting
- Job Function Finance and Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, May 15, 2023
- 184 Shuman Blvd, Naperville, IL 60563, USA