184 Shuman Blvd, Naperville, IL 60563, USA Req #84
Monday, February 13, 2023
Process payroll in a multi-state payroll environment for US and Canada. Acts as a resource to others in the area of payroll processing. Researches, analyzes and resolves difficult or advanced technical problems presented by peers, local HR personnel, and outside agency representatives. Serves as the subject matter expert for payroll related activities; including balancing, research and testing of current and new processes. Work closely with technical departments to implement process improvements, test system changes, and lead special projects within the payroll department.
- Responsible for the coordination and preparation of payroll input for all regular and off-cycle payroll runs for US and Canada
- Reviews, analyzes and verifies payroll outputs for accuracy; makes necessary adjustments or corrections through payroll audits and established procedures
- Supports manager by participating in ongoing system, process and reporting improvements, and taking on special projects as assigned
- Audit internal control processes including reviewing for compliance, integrity of payroll data, security access audits, etc.
- Responsible for loading required quick pay entries provided by the HR team including; severance, bonuses, HSA lump sums, and others as required.
- Identifies and processes all termination pay for immediate pay states
- Oversees the Wage Garnishment processing and resolves all issues
- Works with team (HR, Finance, etc.) to identify, research and assist in implementing process improvements across the business impacting payroll and the HRIS system.
- Identify and assist in implementing payroll process improvements and best practices to increase efficiency and avoid payroll errors
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Preferred: Progressive payroll experience in a large volume multi-state environment. Experience and/or knowledge of payroll systems with Ceridian Dayforce experience a strong plus. Working knowledge of Federal, State and local tax laws. Ability to work under strict schedules while managing daily activities and multiple projects with competing priorities. Must be extremely detail oriented with a focus on accuracy.
- Able to demonstrates ability to solve complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately. Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or peers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity. Self-motivated individual who is able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments. Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
- Additional job requirements may be listed on the staffing requisition.
- Job Family Payroll
- Job Function Payroll
- Pay Type Salary
This posting is inactive.
- 184 Shuman Blvd, Naperville, IL 60563, USA