Distribution - Delivery Driver
About The Chefs' Warehouse
The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (http://www.chefswarehouse.com) combines exceptional quality and brand building with broadline food service distribution for more than 35 years. With Protein, Specialty, Produce, and Broadline offerings, we service the most discerning chefs in a hybrid approach of convenience and superior quality. We introduce more than 2,000 artisan producers of the world’s finest ingredients from over 40 countries to the finest chefs in the world. We passionately consult, sell, and build relationships with more than 35,000 customers through the most experienced network of over 600 consultive sales associates, best-in-breed technology, rapid service, and support levels that solidify our long-standing ties to both established and up-and-coming premium restaurants.
Mission: The mission of The Chefs’ Warehouse is to provide the world’s greatest ingredients to the world’s best chefs.
Our C.H.E.F.S. Values:
Curious & Creative
Hungry For Food & Results
Forward Thinking & Flexible
Supportive (Of Peers & Chefs)
Position Summary: We are seeking a dependable, experienced Delivery Driver to become a vital part of our delivery team. Physical strength and stamina, as well as a clean driving record, are needed. Delivery Drivers must be organized, efficient and professional at all times while ensuring deliveries are made accurately and on time. The delivery driver will ensure safe delivery of product to our customers, building customer relationships to ensure business retention and growth
What you’ll do:
- Perform pre/post driver inspections to include simple vehicle maintenance and report mechanical issues immediately
- Available for an early morning shift, 2:30 AM
- Verify the product being delivered to an account is correct by using the invoice as a reference
- Follow set, scheduled route for daily deliveries.
- Use driver tablet for GPS navigation, verifying a successful delivery and making adjustments to the customer invoice
- Ensure products are delivered in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate with the dispatch office, any issues you encounter while delivering to customers
- IMMEDIATELY report all vehicle accident/injuries and complete documentation as required
- Collect signature and/or payments at delivery locales.
- Deliver goods to specific locations determined by clients.
- Maintain and organize all delivery paperwork and deliver it to the proper personnel at the end of each shift.
- Always follow rules and regulations of the road.
- Follow all company and state enforced safety requirements for loading and unloading product.
- Clean the truck once you return to the warehouse, return any undelivered product, check in customer returned product, provide payments received ensuring paperwork has been properly documented as part of the driver check in process
- Keep driving records (i.e mileage and gas receipts)
- After completion of your route, keep yourself available for additional work (hotshots, 2nd runs, etc.)
- Any other work as assigned
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent certification.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a clean driving record with no moving violations.
- Must Pass a DOT physical
- Able to handle potential driving circumstances with regard to weather and traffic
- Proficient at driving and parking large vehicles.
- Physically fit and strong, able to lift/move 50 pounds comfortably.
- Experience using hand trucks, pallet jacks a plus.
- Professional and pleasant disposition, able to give all clients a positive customer service experience.
- Candidate should be dependable, hardworking and an effective communicator.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills required.
- Attention to detail required (such as directions, location stops and delivery instructions)
The above job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Life Insurance
- 5% above cost for our high-quality food products
- Employee discounts for travel and events
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. We are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $21.00
- Dairyland Produce - Hardies Austin, TX, 9715 B-Burnet Rd., Suite 100, Austin, Texas, United States of America