Warehouse - Night Warehouse Supervisor
About The Chefs' Warehouse
The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (http://www.chefswarehouse.com) combines exceptional quality and brand building with broadline food service distribution for more than 35 years. With Protein, Specialty, Produce, and Broadline offerings, we service the most discerning chefs in a hybrid approach of convenience and superior quality. We introduce more than 2,000 artisan producers of the world’s finest ingredients from over 40 countries to the finest chefs in the world. We passionately consult, sell, and build relationships with more than 35,000 customers through the most experienced network of over 600 consultive sales associates, best-in-breed technology, rapid service, and support levels that solidify our long-standing ties to both established and up-and-coming premium restaurants.
Mission: The mission of The Chefs’ Warehouse is to provide the world’s greatest ingredients to the world’s best chefs.
Our C.H.E.F.S. Values:
Curious & Creative
Hungry For Food & Results
Forward Thinking & Flexible
Supportive (Of Peers & Chefs)
The Warehouse Manager, under the supervision of the Director, plans, directs and coordinates the operations of the organization. The Manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees the activities of all functions involved in the planning, warehousing and control of materials -- from the development of forecasted replenishment needs to the delivery of the product into finished goods inventory and delivery of products to customers
- Maintains compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement, including USDA and FDA regulations
- Participates in existing and new product planning processes to ensure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches
- Oversight of all warehouse and distribution operations
- Manages warehouse operations to maximize efficiency, timeliness, and accuracy of delivery of finished goods to customers
- Monitors inventory and establishes controls to ensure the company is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk
- Works to optimize usage of the company’s systems, for purposes of efficiency, cost reduction, and inventory control
Safety and Compliance
- Monitors all facilities for compliance with safety and all other environmental and operational standards and regulations, ensuring that a “safety first” culture is maintained in all locations.
- Executes special projects in a timely manner.
- Assists with establishing annual goals and objectives, in alignment with corporate objectives.
- Hires candidates, coaches and mentors effectively, and builds strong teams
- Collaborates easily with all levels of the organization and serves and contributes as a member of the organization’s Executive Management Team
Food Safety Responsibilities
- Works with Quality Assurance Team to ensure specific Good Manufacturing Practices are being followed.
- Employee shall adhere to all company food safety policies, procedures, and trainings.
Required, Education and Experience:
1. Communication Proficiency.
2. Organizational Skills.
3. Problem Solving Skills.
4. Ability to Multitask.
6. Time Management.
7. Leadership Skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach; climb and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to work in tight and/or dim places, and be comfortable with heights.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Perishable warehouse and offices can range from 28° to 70° Fahrenheit.
The above job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Life Insurance
- 5% above cost for our high-quality food products
- Employee discounts for travel and events
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. We are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Pay Type Salary
- Union City, CA, USA