Selling - Outside Sales
About The Chefs' Warehouse
The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (http://www.chefswarehouse.com) combines exceptional quality and brand building with broadline food service distribution for more than 35 years. With Protein, Specialty, Produce, and Broadline offerings, we service the most discerning chefs in a hybrid approach of convenience and superior quality. We introduce more than 2,000 artisan producers of the world’s finest ingredients from over 40 countries to the finest chefs in the world. We passionately consult, sell, and build relationships with more than 35,000 customers through the most experienced network of over 600 consultive sales associates, best-in-breed technology, rapid service, and support levels that solidify our long-standing ties to both established and up-and-coming premium restaurants.
Mission: The mission of The Chefs’ Warehouse is to provide the world’s greatest ingredients to the world’s best chefs.
Our C.H.E.F.S. Values:
Curious & Creative
Hungry For Food & Results
Forward Thinking & Flexible
Supportive (Of Peers & Chefs)
As a key member of our rapidly growing organization, The Gourmet Food Sales Associate ultimately acts as the face of our company by delivering outstanding customer service and building strong relationships. They will be responsible for selling products for distributor to restaurants and caterers, hotels and retail, establishments or individuals at place of business by performing the following duties.
- Sales Associates will adapt the process of cultivating and producing sales revenue through the development and growth of new sales and by increasing sales with existing accounts.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Tracks stock levels.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Mentors with Senior to obtain institutional knowledge concerning products, processes and systems.
- Closes sales by building rapport with potential account; explaining product and service capabilities; overcoming objections; preparing contracts.
- Expands sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services
Qualified applicants should possess:
- One to two years of related experience in restaurant, food sales, or professional catering
- High energy and enthusiastic
- Candidates must live in the assigned geographic sales area
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and initiatives
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Self-starter. Must ask questions and learn new skills quickly on the job
- Driven, team player that is motivated to take responsibility and ensure successful outcomes across activates
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with short turnarounds in a fast-paced working environment
- College Degree desired but not required
- Past experience working as a Chef highly desired
- High Energy and enthusiastic
Degree in Culinary Arts or related field. A minimum of 2 years of experience in sales function. A minimum of 2 years of experience in food distribution. Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
Bilingual in English/Spanish a +. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales data and trends. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community.
Basic math skills with addition, subtraction and multiplication. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advance level of expertise with Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of, JDE, & other sales programs. Must be able to operate common office machines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Life Insurance
- 5% above cost for our high-quality food products
- Employee discounts for travel and events
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. We are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Pay Type Salary
- Mississauga, ON, Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada