Supply Chain - Buyer
Coordinates inventory replenishment activities with suppliers, sales, logistics and operations for assigned categories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain the entire Purchase-to-Pay process, covering:
- PO Creation
- Vendor Confirmation
- Accurate expected delivery date updates
- Collaboration with Accounts Payable to ensure payment
- Vendors to ensure POs are filled and delivered in a timely fashion
- Vendors to manage FDA issues
- Logistics to minimize freight expenses
- Sales Managers to manage out-of-stock or over-stock risks
- Customer Service teams to enable sales order growth
- Buyers to build upon best-practices
- Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years buying experience with a focus on Specialty Food Products for a multi-unit Distribution Organization
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university preferred
- Previous food service distribution and/or food importing experience strongly preferred
- Commodity product awareness including blanket commitments, contractual processes and appropriate market tracking
- Advanced Excel Skill and additional Computer skills (JDE, Microsoft Suite – Word and PowerPoint, etc.)
Required Skills and Abilities:
Bilingual in English/Spanish a +.Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales data and trends.Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community.
Basic math skills with addition, subtraction and multiplication. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advance level of expertise with Microsoft Word and Excel.Knowledge of, JDE, & other sales programs.Must be able to operate common office machines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required Core Competencies:
- Competencies and/or Attributes:
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and a high level of analytical capabilities within Excel
- Self-starter, professional, goal oriented and able to handle multiple tasks
- Must have a sense of urgency and be able to work under pressure,
- Flexible with the ability to work well with all departments and levels of staff both internally & externally
- Professional demeanor during all interactions with vendors, customers and fellow employees via phone or in-person
- Have a drive to advance within the organization
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Portland, OR, USA