4th Class Power Engineer
Savage is hiring Asphalt Terminal Operators for our Kamloops, BC location. Are you looking for a Company that values you for the work you do? Our Operators/Transload come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our Customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “Do things they never dreamed possible”.
Here are the Benefits of working here at Savage:
- Seasonal Position (March1-Dec1)
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- $200/year steel toe boot allowance
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent Benefits including medical, dental, vision, and RRSP with match
- A shift that allows for work life balance
- Opportunities for Growth and Full time
Position Overview - The successful Operator will safely assist our team in off-loading /loading trucks and railcars with hot asphalt. You will also help ensure safe and efficient operation of the asphalt terminal, while using controlled blending systems to produce a quality asphalt product.
Here is what you will be doing
- Learning /operating/ and becoming proficient in all aspects of the Asphalt Terminal
- Handle multiple responsibilities including customer service, monitor efficiencies, scaling, ticketing and assisting in asphalt orders
- Load/unload trucks /railcars with hot asphalt product
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot all systems within the Asphalt Terminal
- General Maintenance ("bolt on –bolt off") as well as cleaning, housekeeping and snow removal
- Look to expand the role into blending, quality control and technical understanding of different mix designs and aggregates
- Handle problems as they arise and initiate steps to resolve
- Commit to Safe work practices through situational awareness, following standard operating procedures, receiving constructive criticism and watching out for the health and wellness of others
- Partner with the maintenance team to ensure the facility operates smooth
This is what we need from you
- Class 4 Power Engineer
- A sound understanding or aptitude to learn the loading/unloading of asphalt
- Strong knowledge of Safe Work Permits and LOTO of systems and sub systems
- Understands, or willing to learn, railroad operations and safety
- Mechanically inclined
- Committed to working safely at all times including a commitment to the policies and procedures of the operation
- Must clear a criminal background check and drug screen
- Must be able to attend and pass all tests associated with job related coursework. This includes, but it not limited to: WHMIS, TDG, and other site-specific required training
- Willing to reliably fulfill and follow the proposed work schedule
- A high school diploma
- Skills that are an asset:
- Understanding of P&ID’s and basic flows an asset
- Process experience in a plant setting is an asset
- Experience in the petrochemical field or other industrial environment an asset
- Rail switching experience an asset
- 5th or 4th class power engineering an asset
- Railcar Mover operation experience is an asset
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role
- Work outside for long periods of time in all weather conditions
- Comfortable and able to work at heights
- Able to swing a 10-lb sledge hammer
- Walk 2 kilometers per day on uneven terrain, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work, walk, and stand on uneven surfaces for long periods of time
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Kamloops, BC, Canada