Pet Coke Operator
Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do? Our Petroleum Coke Operators come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
The successful candidate will be responsible for operating all equipment necessary to remove Pet Coke from large drums including jet pumps, hydro cutters, Hahn & Clay/Z & J Valves, and any asset pertaining to the coking unit and load-out system that Savage operates. This operation is located within the Motiva Refinery in Port Arthur, TX. At this operation, we cut and empty material contained within large vessels called Coke Drums, gather the non-hazardous material called Petroleum Coke with overhead cranes, then load it onto a conveyor system which carries it away to another site for ship loading or other means of transport.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- Annual steel toe boot allowance
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, and 401(k) with match
Here is what you will be doing
- Perform proper decoking techniques by following all associated procedures while paying close attention to hot spots and allowing for extra quenching where needed
- Working with the Operator to un-head and re-head the coke drums, as well as performing the final sweep of the coke drum
- Operate bridge crane to maintain proper pit & pad storage and load coke from pad to grizzly hopper by following all associated procedures
- Help maintenance personnel with equipment maintenance when additional manpower is needed
- Complete all required documentation, including JHA's, permits, log entries, audit sheets, daily check sheets, etc.
- Perform proper rail switching procedures and learn to operate Locomotives to transport petroleum coke to staging areas
- High school diploma/GED
- Bridge Crane experience is a plus
- Mechanically Inclined
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Committed to working safely at all times including a commitment to the policies and procedures of the operation
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, reference checks, drug screen, motor-vehicle report, and criminal background check
- Willing to reliably fulfill the following work schedule: 12-hour rotating shifts (days and nights)
- Experience in the oil field or other industrial environment preferred
Here are some of the physical requirements for this role
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Physically able to handle large tools
- Must be able to climb on and off the equipment, ascend and descend a ladder
- Comfortable with heights
- Must be able to stand, kneel or crawl
- We operate 24/7, therefore our employees work a rotating schedule.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions: extreme wind, snow, rain, heat and cold.
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Port Arthur, TX, USA