With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
At Savage, we pride ourselves on our exceptional safety record and our commitment to Team Member success. Our Safety, Health & Environmental (SH&E) Supervisor will support two (2) east coast marine terminal operations by leading the Savage Safety Program. These include the Fernandina Beach, FL Terminal as well as Carolina Marine Terminal in Wilmington, NC.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”) and Paid holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible.
- Helping us become “The Safest Place To Work”
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work closely with operations managers and front line team members at both terminals to drive safety excellence in the field.
- Support operations to implement relevant portions of Savage’s S7 Delivery System
- Works with the Service Support Center and Regional Business Unit Leadership Team in the implementation of Savage’s overall Safety Strategy
- Works with the Senior SH&E Manager and SH&E Director to deliver safety training to front line Team Members
- Utilizes the S7i system to update the SH&E, Compliance, and Team Sections to elevate S7 excellence.
- Supports Team Members in following proper safety rules and processes by completing daily safety observations, customer field audits, and verifying completeness of JHAs and adherence to work-permit processes.
- Works with and supports the Safety Specialists team
- Performs and follows-up on safety inspections, safety observations, and audits at operation
- Leads Savage team on customer safety audits
- Works with customers to understand their safety expectations and ensure a "No Worry" relationship in the safety areas
- In the event of an incident, assists the Operation Managers to ensure the safety of everyone involved, identify the Root Cause(s), and makes corrections to eliminate repeat events
- Ensures incidents are properly reported to internal and external parties
- Attends industry networking events, workshops, training, etc. to continue developing skills and knowledge related to safety
- Works to identify and implement industry recognized best practices
- Participates in host sponsored contractor safety programs and will serve on the customer’s Contractor Safety Committee
- Environmental stewardship and compliance: Assisting operations with complying with various environmental regulations, with support from our Environmental Team, including, air permitting, stormwater management, and fuel storage tank compliance.
- Occupational Health and Hygiene: assist our Team to ensure compliance with various occupational health exposures (air, noise, respiratory compliance, industrial ergonomics, etc.) with support from our Certified Industrial Hygiene (CIH) Team.
What You Need To Be Successful:
- Maintains a current knowledge of rules, regulations, and compliance issues effecting the operation, including OSHA.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks while managing time effectively (able to plan, organize and implement around priorities).
- Possesses an understanding of and commitment to the Savage System.
- Demonstrates by example the safety standards and values of Savage.
- Able to work as a team, building the Savage Safety culture at the operations.
- Understands or has been exposed to contractor safety programs, basic safety training and customer safety policies.
- Ability to work with and perform computer operations (MS Office Suite).
- Ability to analyze situations and data and make sound decisions.
- Sets the standard for safety, professionalism, and performance.
- Responds well to high-pressure situations.
- Have a valid Driver’s License.
- Able to obtain or has a current TWIC card and can pass a background check.
- Previous supply chain, marine terminal or product loading/unloading safety experience recommended
- Regulatory Knowledge (OSHA, USCG)
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety-related or science/risk field is preferred
- 3-5+ years safety experience working around industrial facilities
- Knowledgeable in incident investigation and root cause analysis (RCA)
- Delivery and/or development of various safety training
- SH&E certifications or desire to pursue (OHST, SMS, ASP, CSP, CIH, etc.), a plus
- Physical demands of job include able to walk one (1) to two (2) miles per shift
- Ability to travel 25%
- Must be comfortable working at heights, working on vessels, and able to climb ladders in excess of 100 feet
- Able to work outdoors in warm and humid environments, while wearing PPE
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Salary
- Fernandina Beach, FL 32034, USA
- Jacksonville, FL, USA