Industrial Rail Maintenance Mechanic - Elko, NV
SAVAGE IS HIRING!!! Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do? Our Maintenance Rail Mechanics come to Savage for the challenge, growth, and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
These are some of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Pay Range: $30.00 to $35.00 per hour
- Opportunities for Growth
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, and profit sharing
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
This position is responsible for maintaining locomotives, transloading equipment, and other company equipment to support the company’s ability to serve customers and provide reliable equipment for team members
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform scheduled and regular maintenance on locomotives, transloading equipment, and other company equipment in a cost effective manner
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical problems
- Maintain proper maintenance records and reporting (Manager Plus, work orders, expense reports, purchase cards, etc.)
- Coordinate the proper disposal of filter oil, diesel fuel or other materials
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures; must wear required personal protective equipment.
- Conducts periodic safety assessments on equipment
- Suggest and /or implement Better Ways minimize safety hazards and improve equipment performance and utilization
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two –year college or technical school preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have deep mechanical experience, electrical experience preferred
- Must have valid Driver’s license
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $30.00
- Max Hiring Rate $35.00
- Elko, NV 89801, USA