Food Service Associate
Now Hiring for Spring Break!
Food Service Associate
SSA Group works with zoos, aquariums, museums, and other cultural attractions on integrating dining, retail, admissions and more. We increase revenue opportunities for partners across the United States. With 50 years in the business, SSA has refined the basics while pioneering better ways forward. With pillars of focus like sustainability, inclusivity, and innovation, SSA is transforming the cultural attraction industry.
SSA was built by families, for families, with a family’s sense of love and dedication. We don’t just rely on the best practices in our industry, we customize best practices for each partner to set the bar higher and higher, always. We do all we can to further the mission of our partners because their guests and the communities they serve, deserve it.
The Food Service Associate reports directly to the Food Service Supervisor (if applicable) and/or Food Service Operations Manager(s).
- Perform the steps of SSA EXTRA Guest Service to ensure a memorable experience for every guest and client.
- Supports restaurant prep (FOH and line) for daily operation.
- Meets daily quickservice, food service, safety and quality, availability, merchandising and guest service standards.
- Participates in safety logs including food temperatures, rotation and waste as necessary.
- Ensures proper uniform, hygiene, hand-washing and glove use with self.
- Maintains a SSAfe work environment by abiding to all SSAFETY rules.
- Follows through daily prep and items lists, as assigned.
- Actively helps to support operation in assigned role, supporting holes as necessary.
- Actively and efficiently responds to guest and client feedback, with report to the supervisor to ensure that any potential complaints are mitigate against further occurrence.
- Communicates up to the Restaurant Supervisor and/or Food Operations Manager in regard to any issues seen with daily service or quality.
- Remains knowledgeable of all menu items, prices and specials for sharing with guests.
- Perform other tasks as deemed necessary.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work environment.
- Uphold and demonstrate a complete understanding of company policies and procedures.
- Responsibly geared towards presenting a clean and welcome experience for guests through upholding sanitation requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional problem solving/decision making skills combined with the ability to be organized.
- Demonstrates the ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Ideal candidate is a team player, personable, professional, upbeat and energetic, and takes initiative.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes (10-35lbs) as necessary to operation, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- None Required
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job description. SSA GROUP, LLC. reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments)
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly, Non-Exempt. Pay is based on range in consideration of relevant job experience and certification/education
- Employee Assistance Program
- Get Paid Early
- Tuition Discount through Partnership College
- Parental Leave
- Meal Plan & employee Discounts
SSA Group, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity through our commitment to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All California Residents: By submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the SSA Group California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Candidate and Employee Privacy Notice ("Notice").
San Francisco Residents: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Please see the "Fair Chance Ordinance - Know Your Rights" document for more information. By submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the "Fair Chance Ordinance - Know Your Rights" document.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Job End Date Saturday, April 22, 2023
- 5333 Zoo Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA