Information Technology Developer Analyst
SSAB has nearly 1,200 highly skilled employees in the U.S. Jobs at SSAB range from machine operators and sales people to advanced engineers and corporate professionals in HR, finance and more. SSAB offers challenging careers and comprehensive benefit program designed to keep employees and their families healthy and secure.
This position is responsible for the development and support of assigned applications. This also includes program documentation, systems operating instructions, application user guides(s) and test plans in accordance with company standards and methodologies. The position collaborates closely with business stakeholders, end users, vendors and systems teams and may provide project management support for small-scale projects under the direction of an IT Director or IT Business Area Manager. Additionally, this position is responsible for driving application changes based on business objectives.
- Actions and decisions have a positive impact on both short term and long-term results significant to a business unit or operating group including providing the customer with a consistent positive experience.
- Responsible for providing sound business process and technical recommendations and solutions.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating deployment of releases utilizing SSAB’s systems such as Service Now and Azure DevOps
- Responsible for identifying and/or participating in projects that increase the Americas ROI either through cost savings or increased revenue.
- Responsible for analyzing data and drawing conclusions to troubleshoot and resolve complex break/fix issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for taking ownership of issues or activities to completion, even when transferring to another area of responsibility.
- Recommends standardized solutions utilizing both business process and applications to resolve issues to meet new and existing business needs.
- Participates in the development of new applications and interfaces to existing systems as well as supporting existing systems ensuring systems are robust and highly available.
- Knows when and how to say “no” to an IT solution.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Acts as a technical authority and a role model within the team.
- Responsible for developing well defined business and functional specifications by working closely with the users.
- Able to understand and map current business processes to future business processes based on user requirements, technical expertise and business knowledge.
- Understands SSAB’s user processes and policies as well as be a super user on the assigned applications.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Ability to build and work within a high performing team environment.
- Accountable for own work & deadlines
- Leads smaller projects in the Project Lead role with minimal supervision.
- Works/coordinates with others outside the immediate project work group such as CIS or business users to resolve issues or complete project tasks
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to make formal presentations to internal audiences using PowerPoint (or similar tools)
- Able to provide initial user training including user documentation and training materials
- Responsible for providing their manager with weekly status updates as well as escalate issues when necessary
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff, members of interdisciplinary teams, outside customers, and vendors on technical and business topics and issues
QUALIFICATIONSCompetencies and Experience
- NET Framework 4 / .NET 5+ (C# preferred)
- ASP.NET MVC or Core
- Git or TFVC version control
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Capability to guide a software project to completion, including the application of best practices to architectural decisions.
- Ability to work with end users, including translating requests into system requirements.
- Must be able to multi-task in a relatively small team
- Willingness to stay up-to-date on technological trends and best practices
- Weekly status report completion and ability to track work in an Agile environment.
- Potential to grow into a leadership role.
- Entity Framework
- Web API / RESTful services
- DevOps and cloud architecture experience
- Experience in line of business / reporting applications for manufacturing enterprise, and/or similar product development and support experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in computer science, engineering, or business administration, and a minimum of 5 years working experience.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES / DIRECT REPORTS
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is constantly required to:
Sit and work at a desk
The employee is frequently required to:
Stand and walk, and may alternate sitting and standing as needed
Balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb
Twist at waist level
Reach above shoulder level, at waist/desk level, and below waist/desk level
Finger with right hand, left hand, and both hands (fine motor)
Feel with right hand, left hand, and both hands (sensing temperatures and textures)
The employee is occasionally required to:
Push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds
The employee is required to:
Talk person to person, on the phone, and in group settings as needed
Hear in person, on the phone, and in group settings as needed
Possess near, midrange, far, peripheral, and depth perception vision
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Position is full time, non-exempt
- On call availability for deployments, critical break/fix issues, and month end processing as required
- Extended hours including evenings and weekends may be required to meet project deadlines or provide services outside normal operating hours
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally if required for support role
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SSAB's values form the guiding principals of our company.
They shape our culture and characteristics. They serve as a compass for our actions and behavior, and describe what we stand for. Values guide us daily in making the right choices and doing the right things.
SSAB's values are:
- Driven - Together we create value
- True - Do what is right
- Ahead - Future in mind
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Mobile, 12400 Highway 43 N, Axis, Alabama, United States of America