Temporary Assignments - Steel Mill (Shift)
SSAB has nearly 1,200 highly skilled employees in the U.S. Jobs at SSAB range from machine operators and sales people to advanced engineers and corporate professionals in HR, finance and more. SSAB offers challenging careers and comprehensive benefit program designed to keep employees and their families healthy and secure.
TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENTS – STEEL MILL (Shift)
Heat Treat Department
SSAB’s steel mill in Axis, Alabama is accepting applications for long-term temporary positions in 2 departments – Heat Treat and Shipping.
Work schedule is 12-hour alternating shifts, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Starting pay is $18.07/hour. Pay increases are possible as trainings are completed, up to $21.44/hour.
Drug test, background check, and physical required
- Ability to work 12-hour alternating shifts, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Have reliable transportation
- Industrial, construction, or shipping experience – 6 months minimum
- Capable of following all safety rules
- Good computer skills
- Mechanical skills and aptitude
- Proof of a High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to pass a background check, physical, and drug test
SSAB's values form the guiding principals of our company.
They shape our culture and characteristics. They serve as a compass for our actions and behavior, and describe what we stand for. Values guide us daily in making the right choices and doing the right things.
SSAB's values are:
- Driven - Together we create value
- True - Do what is right
- Ahead - Future in mind
- Job Family * Contractors/CoOps
- Pay Type Hourly
- Axis, AL 36505, USA