Melting (EAF) - Maintenance EMO
SSAB has nearly 1,200 highly skilled employees in the U.S. Jobs at SSAB range from machine operators and sales people to advanced engineers and corporate professionals in HR, finance and more. SSAB offers challenging careers and comprehensive benefit program designed to keep employees and their families healthy and secure.
Industrial Electrical Technician / Electrician – Must be able to maintain and troubleshoot medium and low voltage control systems and power distribution.
- Repair, maintenance and technical input of all electrical equipment at the Electric Arc / Ladle Furnaces, Vacuum Degasser and Caster Departments.
- Utilize PLC’s to diagnose problems related to plant equipment.
- Perform PM’s on area equipment.
- Perform Lockout / Tag out of equipment.
- Implement software / hardware changes to improve processes as required.
- Install new equipment related to projects.
- Maintain plant building services, overhead lighting, heat trace circuits, 120/208V and 480V electrical distribution.
Competencies and Experience
- Possess PLC programming theory
- Possess AC and DC Digital Drive theory
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Must be computer literate with solid knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Must be self-motivated team player
- Allen Bradley PLC5 and Control Logix 5000 experience
- Allen Bradley AC and DC Drive experience
- Allen Bradley HMI experience
- Siemens DC Drive experience, 6RA70 series drives
- Engineer, Design, install and commission new equipment and control systems
- Use IBA data collection system to aid in diagnosing problems
- Possess knowledge of National Electric Code and NFPA 70E Standards
- Able to maintain and install equipment in 480 Volt 3 phase power distribution systems
- Able to perform preventative maintenance on DC motors and low and medium voltage equipment
- Experience with instrumentation components / systems (Thermocouples, RTDs, flow, pressure, 4-20 mA based loops, etc.)
- Computer Networking / switching
- 2-year degree in industrial electronics or electrical engineering / technology
- 4-year degree in industrial electronics or electrical engineering / technology
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES / DIRECT REPORTS
List the position titles of those positions which directly report to this position and the number of employees each position supervises.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The position requires the following vision and hearing capabilities:
- Talking person to person, on the phone, and/or in group settings
- Hearing in person, on the phone, and/or in group settings
- Vision at near, mid, and far range
- Peripheral vision and depth perception
The employee will frequently be required to:
- Stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Twist at waist level, reach above shoulder level, reach at and/or below waist level
- Use both hands for grasping, fingering, gripping and feeling textures and temperatures
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Perform repetitive tasks for extended periods
The employee will occasionally be required to:
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The employee will work in the following conditions:
- Extreme hot and cold conditions
- Wet and humid conditions
- Amid fumes, dust, dirt, and smoke
- In confined areas and heights/high places
- Near moving parts of heavy machinery, equipment in motion and high voltage equipment
- Amid noise
- Amid mechanical, electrical, and chemical hazards and industrial magnets
- While wearing safety equipment and/or clothing for protection from hazards
POSITION TYPE – WORK HOURS - TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Position is full time, hourly, and is eligible for overtime
- Positon works rotating 12-hour swing shifts to include days and nights
- No travel is expected for this position
OTHER DUTIESPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SSAB's values form the guiding principals of our company.
They shape our culture and characteristics. They serve as a compass for our actions and behavior, and describe what we stand for. Values guide us daily in making the right choices and doing the right things.
SSAB's values are:
- Driven - Together we create value
- True - Do what is right
- Ahead - Future in mind
SSAB BENEFITS – starting at hire!
● Excellent Pay with Additional Bonus ● Very Affordable Health Insurance
·Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical
· CVS/Caremark Prescription
· Delta Dental
· Superior Vision
● 401(k) with Employer Match – 5%
● Profit Sharing
● 10 Paid Holidays
● Company Paid Life Insurance, STD and LTD*
● Optional Life, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness
● Flexible Spending Account (FSA); Healthcare and Dependent Care
● Tuition Reimbursement● Employee Assistance Program
- Pay Type Hourly
- Montpelier, 1770 Bill Sharp Blvd, Muscatine, Iowa, United States of America