Senior Engineer Reliability
SSAB has nearly 1,200 highly skilled employees in the U.S. Jobs at SSAB range from machine operators and sales people to advanced engineers and corporate professionals in HR, finance and more. SSAB offers challenging careers and comprehensive benefit program designed to keep employees and their families healthy and secure.
The primary role of the reliability engineer is to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. This broad primary role can be divided into three smaller, more manageable roles: loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management. The secondary purpose of this position is to research advance technologies and project management.
What You Will Do
- Identify, initiate, coordinate and complete maintenance process improvement opportunities
- Develop reliabiity-centered maintenance processes
- Develop expertise in predictive maintenance technologies such as vibration analysis, infrared themogrpahy, etc.
- Utilize analytical and engineering skills to identify and reduce/eliminate repeated equipment failures Monitors and tracks line equipment availability and operating efficiency issues and creates “pareto” type analysis to identify key equipment problems / failures / areas
- Perform FMEA's and RCA's to ensure long term maintenance equipment problems are appropriately investigated with solutions implemented. Followup on corrective actions.
- Strive to improve equipment uptime, quality and speed rates
- Execute SSAB Change Management Procedure - Safety Check List for new equipment and equipment modifications working with equipment suppliers and outside engineering to specify design requirements for new / modified equipment to improve safety, operating performance and / or equipment reliability
- Assist in tracking metrics and generating weekly reports
- Act as subject matter expert as necessary in various maintenance/reliability functions
What We Offer
Bonuses, 401(k) with 5% employer match, profit sharing, excellent benefits package, 10 paid holidays, vacation.
Competencies and Experience
- 2 - 5 years of reliability experience (can include co-op experience) preferably in a process manufacturing environment
- Certification in technical skills (Vibration Analysis, Thermography, NDT, etc.)
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Project Management experience
- Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Equipment Failure Modes Training or Material Failure Modes
- 5 -10 years (specific areas listed above)
- Working knowledge of Electrical System and Mechanical Systems
- Working knowledge of Automation Systems
- Maintenance Connection or other Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Certified Project Manager
- Solid organizational skills
- BS in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical or Electrical)
SSAB's values form the guiding principals of our company.
They shape our culture and characteristics. They serve as a compass for our actions and behavior, and describe what we stand for. Values guide us daily in making the right choices and doing the right things.
SSAB's values are:
- Driven - Together we create value
- True - Do what is right
- Ahead - Future in mind
- Pay Type Salary
- Axis, AL 36505, USA