Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) 2 - Administration
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) primary function is working to support Department of Defense (DoD) agencies. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). The ISSO will be responsible for developing security plans for IT security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities; ensuring procedural development and implementation are in compliance with security and organizational requirements; documenting hardware and software system security implementations; and developing best practices, operating procedures, and configurations guidance for the technologies used. Working knowledge of NIST 800 series special publications and the NIST Risk Management Framework is needed to perform to the requirements of this role.
- Complete submissions of systems handling classified data for approval using the eMASS system.
- Maintain organizational plan of actions and milestones (POAM) and systems security plan (SSP) for compliance with DoD DFARS (in accordance with 252.204-7012) and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC).
- Maintain operational security posture for programs and information systems.
- Information security interface to government customer Designated Accrediting Authorities across the DoD and SkyWater customer base.
- Review, prepare, and update Automated Information System (AIS) accreditation packages.
- Notify customer when changes occur that might affect AIS accreditation/certification.
- Perform AIS self-inspections, provide security coordination and review of all system test plans.
- Identify AIS vulnerabilities and implement countermeasures.
- Represent the customer on various technical review and inspection teams.
- Coordinate, prepare, and track AIS inspections, reports, and responses.
- Maintain AIS security records and prepare Co-Utilization Agreements for network nodes operating in government facilities.
- Prepare reports on the status of security safeguards applied to computer systems.
- Ensure AIS and network nodes are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices.
- Perform ISSO duties in support of in-house and external customers.
- Assist Department of Defense, National Agency, and Contractor organizations with the development of certification and accreditation (C&A) efforts
- Review, track, and conduct AIS training.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (4 years).
Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years related experience.
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire.
- Experience with CMMC and DoD DFARS compliance.
- Strong experience with eMASS submissions.
- Work experience at a regulated government contractor.
- Knowledge of CUI security requirements and methods.
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals (NISPOM/ICD’s) and other guiding policy documents.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel, and industry partners.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision.
- Security Clearance:
- Current Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility.
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information.
- Willingness to submit to a polygraph.
- Job Family Security
- Pay Type Salary
- Bloomington, MN, USA