Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Business Unit: Fluid Transportation
Reports to: Operations Manager
Travel Requirement: No
Tidal Logistics’s Dispatcher is responsible for assigning drivers to trucks and providing accurate directions to well site locations or facilities. Dispatchers communicate with drivers via phone, GPS, or two way radios. Dispatchers need general knowledge of customer needs and of local highway systems in the regions in which their drivers operate (which in some instances can include county roads). Many dispatchers work unusual schedules due to 24 hour operations. They may also be assigned to work weekends, nights and holidays.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to
- Assists supervisor by making recommendations in hiring, training, terminations and overseeing work completed.
- Ability to manage a 15 truck operation (at a minimum) with multiple stops.
- Recommends disciplinary decisions and actions.
- Assists in establishing and evaluating job performances.
- Monitors and validates accuracy of dispatch entries and jobs.
- Provides emergency and non-emergency requests for assistance in dispatching units or responding to requests for information.
- Monitors on going communications and dispatching throughout the shift.
- Maintains appropriate communications between customers and dispatch to facilitate flawless operations.
- Guide and direct all communications regarding issues from customers to appropriate management personnel.
- May provide other support functions as requested.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- High School diploma/GED.
- More than 6 months of experience working in the Oil and Gas Trucking industry, preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to comprehend instructions accurately.
- Ability to stay focused in a fast paced and loud environment.
- Ability to accurately record and maintain important information and documentation.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test and criminal history background check.
- CDL experience preferred.
- Must possess valid driver's license and be eligible to drive a company vehicle according to Select's insurance guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task.
- A - Accountability: Take ownership of actions and outcomes.
- C - Continuous Improvement: Embrace the necessity for change and commitment to continual growth and progress.
- T - Teamwork: Encourage and support a collaborative, safe, and engaged work environment.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Top Tier Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in addition to life and disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days and Paid Holidays
- Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan
Physical Demands and Exposures
- Environment will be extremely noisy and chaotic at times.
- Need to have a high degree of concentration in a busy area.
- Must sit for extended periods of time.
- Monday through Sunday, over-time as required (24hr business operations)
- Ability to individually lift: Maximum 50 lbs
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Tidal is an equal opportunity employer. It is Tidal’s policy to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any protected class, status, characteristic, or activity. All employment decisions, including decisions regarding recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment are made without regard to any lawfully protected class, status, characteristic, or activity.
Clean Air Act
Tidal Logistics requires all employees whose jobs may involve environmental compliance to understand and comply with the U.S. Environmental Protections Agency’s Clean Air Act that regulates air emissions from stationary and mobile sources. A copy of the Clean Air Act can be provided to you upon request from Human Resources.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Frierson, LA 71027, USA
- Shreveport, LA, USA