CDL Driver - Hot Oiler
HOT OILER CDL DRIVER
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Business Unit: Fluid Transportation
Reports to: Operations Manager
Travel Requirement: Yes
Tidal Logistic’s Hot Oiler CDL Driver is responsible for safely driving and operating a hot oil unit equipped with a high-pressure pump and burner for heating fluids. The hot oil unit operator must complete all paperwork including vehicle inspection reports (Per DOT regulations), and Driver’s Daily Logs (Per DOT regulation) daily and must have intermediate knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier DOT regulations.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to
- Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
- Driving truck with a total capacity in excess of 3 tons.
- Operating high-pressure pump and burner for heating fluids, using controls such as levers, pedals and buttons.
- Operating high-pressure pump to circulate hot oil or water down flowlines, tubing and casing to melt and remove paraffin build-up
- Operating high-pressure pump to test the integrity of tubing and casing
- Observing equipment gauges and indicators and hand signals to monitor job activities and conditions
- Carrying and laying out hoses and joints of pipe from the truck to the wellhead or battery
- Connecting and disconnecting hoses and joints of pipe using hand tools
- Assure that trucks are maintained and in good working condition. Must fill out Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report (per DOT Regulations) daily. Notify supervisor of all problems immediately and perform minor repairs as necessary. An understanding of basic maintenance concepts is required to repair, maintain and adjust equipment, often using hand tools.
- Assure that paperwork such as timesheets, tickets, and records of loads hauled/transferred are completed accurately and forwarded to supervisor daily.
- Must complete Vehicle Inspection Report and Driver’s Daily Log each day and forward to supervisor at the end of the day (per DOT regulations).
- Responsible for conducting all field activities safely and accurately. Responsible for operating and maintaining all company equipment and property, must be willing to work overtime
- Dependable attendance, no unauthorized absences.
- Attend all required safety meetings.
- This position requires various types and levels of job related training with compliance to Company Safe Operating Procedures and other specialized training as required.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- 1 year of experience as CDL A driver
- CDL A license
- High School diploma/GED
- Tanker and HazMat endorsement preferred
- Meet all Federal Motor Carrier D.O.T. requirements and safety qualifications
- Current D.O.T. medical card
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to read and interpret information such driving routes, safety rules, sales tickets, operating instructions, and procedure manuals
- Possess outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to pass D.O.T. pre-employment physical
- Ability to work night or weekend shifts as necessary
- Must be detail oriented due to the necessity of safety
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills
- Able to thrive in a team environment
- CDL certification from accredited driving school and one year of similar driving experience; experience may be substituted
- Experience in energy industry
- A - Accountability: Take ownership of actions and outcomes.
- C - Continuous Improvement: Embrace the necessity for change and commitment to continual growth and progress.
- T - Teamwork: Encourage and support a collaborative, safe, and engaged work environment.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Top Tier Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in addition to life and disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days and Paid Holidays
- Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan
Physical Demands and Exposures
- Work is regularly performed in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme cold and heat, near moving mechanical parts; exposure to high wind, ice, snow, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, and dust is expected.
- Exposure to noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection
- Prolonged sitting, standing, walking
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to individually lift: Maximum 100 lbs
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Tidal is an equal opportunity employer. It is Tidal’s policy to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any protected class, status, characteristic, or activity. All employment decisions, including decisions regarding recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment are made without regard to any lawfully protected class, status, characteristic, or activity.
Clean Air Act
- Pay Type Hourly
- Big Lake, TX 76932, USA