FiberTite Roof Systems Design Consultant
The FiberTite Roof System Design Consultant collaborates and provides expertise, guidance, and assistance to roof design professionals (architects/engineers/roof consultants), property owners and managers, Seaman Corp Authorized Applicators, and FiberTite Sales and Technical Services Associates, for the design and development of specifications for new, or replacement of, commercial/industrial roofs, utilizing a FiberTite Roof System. Design guidance and assistance includes building code compliance, and detail drawings and installation guidelines as applicable. Additionally, position oversees FiberTite Roof System specifications and construction drawings, and Roof Design education.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- FTR ARCAT & Guide-Spec specifications in collaboration with Product Development, Marketing
- Development and Maintenance of FTR construction Detail Drawings, in Auto-CAD and Architectural Building Information Modeling (BIM) objects formats.
- Development and Delivery of Roof Design Courses for FiberTite Specifiers (Architects, Engineers, Building Owners, Roof Consultants, Authorized Applicators) and FiberTite Associates in collaboration with FiberTite Sales, Product Management, and Marketing.
- Provide expertise for FiberTite Roofing Systems and Products in support of the needs of Sales, Technical Services, and CARE Group.
- Serve, as assigned, as Seaman Representative at Industry Trade Organizations (i.e., ASTM, SPRI, CFFA/VRA), providing status reports following meetings and key developments.
- Collaborate with Technical and Product Managers to analyze competitive roof systems and products for technical performance and positioning and develop and deliver technical countermeasures and alternative responses for Sales & Technical Services.
- Assist Technical, Product, & Marketing Managers in development of marketing/sales tools as required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
This position requires:
The individual will bring practical experience of hands-on roof construction, knowledge of structural and engineering issues relevant to effective roof design, as well as understanding of local, regional, and national building codes and requirements.
Registered Roof Consultant (RRC) or Certified Construction Manager (CCM®) or bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Design, or related technical field with 3-5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA